Wow, very nice. What breed are you working with?
I breed Sulmtaler. If you go back in this thread I have posted some pictures.
I just came back from the vet. The birds that are being shown at the show have to be vet checked. One rooster tried to escape... the vet caught him with the tail... long story short, he lost half of his tail feathers and won't be seeing a show. Now I have to find a substitute.. but he won't be as good. I have such bad luck with my roosters this year. One of my good roosters ended up ripping his comb halfway off. He is fine but can't be shown either.
My nerves are a bit frazzled at the moment.

That’s good to know. I’ve been trying to figure out what breed I want to work with here. I assume there’s an equivalent of the APA?
There are standards for show breeders.
Every country in the EU can have its own (slightly different) standards.
Maybe this Dutch site is helpful to get an idea of the choices you can have in theory:
http://www.kippenencyclopedie.nl/php/index.php?title=Hoofdpagina
But many will not be available if you start looking to buy them.
Best is to look what you can buy and find info if it is something that fits your purpose.

@BantyChooks If you want chickens for breeding/go to shows with them its a different story than wanting to have a few chickens for a couple of eggs and fluffy company.

If you like to breed with heritage breeds like Abpatchy, I believe it’s best to look for an online group of enthusiasts who have united themselves (Verein’ / Association?).

There are standards for show breeders.
Every country in the EU can have its own (slightly different) standards.
Maybe this Dutch site is helpful to get an idea of the choices you can have in theory:
http://www.kippenencyclopedie.nl/php/index.php?title=Hoofdpagina
But many will not be available if you start looking to buy them.
Best is to look what you can buy and find info if it is something that fits your purpose.

@BantyChooks If you want chickens for breeding/go to shows with them its a different story than wanting to have a few chickens for a couple of eggs and fluffy company.

If you like to breed with heritage breeds like Abpatchy, I believe it’s best to look for an online group of enthusiasts who have united themselves (Verein’ / Association?).
Thank you. I have looked briefly for Polish poultry associations but the website seems to be down (?)
I will look more when I have grass to call my own. :lol: Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom