Pen to pen walkway(?) advice

Lor

Crowing
Mar 23, 2022
South East USA
We had to remove the netting we had over the larger area of our yard because of leaves and sticks always weighing it down and tearing it. The ducks are unhappy being locked up in the pond area (not enough land area for fun foraging).

Since I couldn't think of another solution to give them the space, I purchased a ten by ten pen. I need some advice on the best way to get the ducks from the pond area to the pen where we have easy access. The pen has one human size door.

The pen isn't set up yet as it only came today. It will be in the area left of the pond area.
Temporarily, my plan is to use netting from the door of pond area to door of pen and walk the ducks in. Lock them in there for a few hours a day. Hopefully this will stop them from all the unhappy quacking. Of course the netting will be on poles so I can get in there before opening pond area door and for locking them up etc.

Also, the 7' by 3 1/2' pet pen will be placed inside the 10x10 to help introduce ducklings to the older ones once we get them.

Attachments

• IMG_4814.JPG
    IMG_4814.JPG
    921.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4815.JPG
    IMG_4815.JPG
    935.4 KB · Views: 3
Did you get the pen set up?
We did. Faced them so the door from the pond area and the door from the pen are near each other when opened. Put up some temp fencing so they can't get out when walking between the 2 but haven't figured out a better solution.

Back
Top Bottom