Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

So does anyone else have trouble with those %$%#**%&$$ ads opening at odd times and sometimes even covering part of a post so it can't be read???

and once they start playing a lot of them can't be shut off without leaving the page!
somad.gif

This started getting worse about a month ago, noticed many covered posts the last week or two.
barnie.gif

Quote: Haven't had a problem with them since I got my GFM. Claim 1 in a swap or just pay the $12 for 6 months. Also lets you put up more ads in BST section & add more links to your siggy.

6 week 3 day old EE. Any ideas? Apologies for the comb picture. Wasn't a fan of the camera. Lol!

I'm thinking a hen...
I don't see any wattles and most of our birds were getting a bit more of a comb by that age and had little red flaps easily visible also. Watch the base of the neck and lower back near tail for pointy long feathers (another roo sign, though usually a bit later than 6 wks)

Are these just hiccoughs, or something to worry about? Ripple has been doing this for over an hour even while asleep. Eating and drinking fine, no discharge from anywhere and poo looks normal.
Sorry if I'm overreacting, no one else has done this, so I'd rather err on the side of caution.
Thanks in advance.

So does anyone else have trouble with those %$%#**%&$$ ads opening at odd times and sometimes even covering part of a post so it can't be read???

and once they start playing a lot of them can't be shut off without leaving the page!
somad.gif

This started getting worse about a month ago, noticed many covered posts the last week or two.
barnie.gif

click on the question mark. It brings you to the page to shut them off.

Are these just hiccoughs, or something to worry about? Ripple has been doing this for over an hour even while asleep. Eating and drinking fine, no discharge from anywhere and poo looks normal. Sorry if I'm overreacting, no one else has done this, so I'd rather err on the side of caution. Thanks in advance.
Chickens move like that when they eat a lot too fast and attempt to swallow it. Gently feel along her esophagus and she if she has a blockage! If she does, some gentle massaging to break the blockage up and help her swallow will stop that movement. (For some reason, this always happened with my meaties. They're such pigs!!) If her throat is clear, then I'm not quite sure what's wrong with her. Keep an eye on her!

Ugh, don't have time to read through the 183 last posts haha! But need to vent.
My own stupidity and impatience cost me 6 of my 8 week old babies. Ma wanted the basement cleaned and chicks out, we put in large dog crate in shed since building coop is taking forever
roll.png
Loverman decided to put them in the larger but much less secure clucker-trucker during the day. Speed up to night time - too much hassle to move 13 sleepy and grumpy babies into new cage inside shed right? We've shot and killed 4 raccoons and 3 opossums over the past few months, surely we have no more major pest problems; just for one night right?!
WRONG. 2 australorps, 1 bo, 1 br, 1 speckled sussex, 1 spangled hamburg. All nothing but feathers and guts now.
AUGH!
barnie.gif

Soooo, as therapy I put 42 eggs in the new incubator. (3 doz are for other people; only 6 are for me lol) That's not unhealthy in an emotional way right?!
*sighs* Thanks for listening ya'll.
Oh, Ki, I'm so sorry!! I really hate learning the hard way
hugs.gif

somad.gif

barnie.gif
What Sally said....Buying the membership allows you to turn off the ads. They were really giving me a headache.

Quote: Thank you. I checked and her throat is clear and her crop has a little give to it, although it is full right now. I have her in the living room with me, on my lap tucked under a blanket and sweater to help keep her warm since she's one of the 3 wk old EEs. I'll be keeping her close tonight, and check her crop first thing in the morning, hopefully it's nothing.
She kept going under Roo earlier (like a chick would with a hen) and he let her every time, wish I had gotten some pics of her head sticking out from under him, it was so darn cute.
love.gif
That was before she started with the head/neck movement.

Can anyone direct me to a one (or two) page .pdf file extolling the virtues of back yard chickens? Spinning that just covers the basics why, space, what you need, etc?
I would like to print some out as handouts at a display I'm doing this weekend.
when I started my chicken adventure I went to the beginning on introduction to chickens and went from there. There is so much on here! :)

Back
Top Bottom