PIC HEAVY My neighbors rooster... What is he?

davony's chicks

Songster
10 Years
May 30, 2009
Missouri
This guy hangs out on my property between my hen houses and runs. I have no idea what he is but he does belong to my neighbor. She does not contain him and has no idea what he is.
I think he is beautiful and have considered breeding him to one of my buff orphington hens or rhode island red hens.
Can anybody help with his breed?
Would you breed him to either of these two breeds I mentioned above?
Thanks for your help
32929_neighbor_8.jpg

32929_neighbor_7.jpg

32929_neighbor_6.jpg

32929_neighbor_5.jpg

32929_neighbor_4.jpg

32929_neighbor_3.jpg

32929_neighbor_2.jpg

32929_neighbor_1.jpg

I don't know anything about roo's (can't have them) but he's something to look at, for sure! Hope he's nice.

Beautiful bird! He has the coloring of a Red Shoulderd Yokohama but I think he is too big and his tail should be a lot longer. Still could be a hatchery Yokohama...dont know.

thanks for the replies.
Anyone else please feel free to jump in here.

He sure is a pretty bird, Just wish I knew what he was? If anyone near the Moberly Missouri area wants him they can have him. He doesn't belong to me he just hangs out on my property because his owner does not care.

I don't know much about chicken breeds but he looks a LOT like an EE roo I just gave away. Probably make some cute mixed breed chicks!
wink.png

Last edited:
He is very pretty, er handsome. He reminds me of a mixed breed, something red crossbred. Fine for barnyard mixes though.
smile.png

Since he's already socializing through the fence I don't guess he will introduce any new diseases if you decied to let them have at it.

He's a mutt, so it really doesn't matter what you breed him to, you'll get mutts.
wink.png

He's not a Yokohama though.

Does his comb have one row of points or three rows? I can't tell from here if it is just a frost bitten single comb, a rose comb, or a pea comb. . . He could be a Sex Link cross, an Easter Egger, or something else. . .

If he was visiting my flock, and my EE roo Carl would not go ballistic, I'd let him mount my BO or any of the EEs in a heartbeat. He's QUITE handsome!

No clue what he is, but I guessed EE.

I was thinking he may have some Wyandotte blood in him because of the pattern on his chest. He is quite a looker and resembles an EE. Who knows what he has in him, but he would make some really cute chicks with your girls!

Back
Top Bottom