Pictures from the coop party! What a Blast!

That was a wonderful day. Drumstick just wouldn't shut up for the whole ride home.

We are lucky to have such a great group of folks here in CT and so close together.
(Hour + ride but not bad)

For a hot day we got a lot done. PP & MoodusNewChick did the processing. I'm
thoroughly impressed with how well they did. The kids did a good job too.

The coop frame was already put together. All we needed to do was make a Lowes
run, put up the roof joists, and screw down some OSB.

PP's back yard is a riot. Chickens everywhere, ducks that don't shut up, another
duck that molests silkies, and more details than I can list. I just walked around for
a while watching birds and laughing.

And yes, there was a Purple Heeler.

What great pictures, and it looks like you all had a fabulous time. The Heeler looked like the life of the party! And amazing how the kids got right into the processing.

What was the coop building project? The pics reminded me of an old fashioned barn raising. Many hands make light work. Sorry I missed the party, but something tells me this is only the beginning of events to come.

Quote:
The buckeyes and the roo went in the coop by themselves and are safe for tonight, I think I am going to let the birds free range again. They enjoyed it so much. If something gets them...well hey that's life, atleast they were happy, right? How the quail doing? you should have taken 2 so it wouldn't have been lonely
tongue.png

I still have more posts you

Quote:
The buckeyes and the roo went in the coop by themselves and are safe for tonight, I think I am going to let the birds free range again. They enjoyed it so much. If something gets them...well hey that's life, atleast they were happy, right? How the quail doing? you should have taken 2 so it wouldn't have been lonely
tongue.png

I still have more posts you [URL]http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/1132_childish_teasing_smiley_sticking_out_tongue.gif[/URL]

Good to hear about the Buckeyes. I'll miss them.

You are right about the Quail. I just mentioned that in MNC's thread. She's all alone in
the corner and the silkies were attacking her. She may get her own little cage tomorrow.
Or, I'll be in Glastonbury in the morning. Maybe I'll pick up another.
roll.png

I wanna hatch some of those bad!!! Maybe we should split an order of eggs.
wink.png

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-JUMBO-BROWN...hash=item270257428465&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

Last edited:
Quote:
tongue.png

I still have more posts you [URL]http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/1132_childish_teasing_smiley_sticking_out_tongue.gif[/URL]

Good to hear about the Buckeyes. I'll miss them.

You are right about the Quail. I just mentioned that in MNC's thread. She's all alone in
the corner and the silkies were attacking her. She may get her own little cage tomorrow.
Or, I'll be in Glastonbury in the morning. Maybe I'll pick up another.
roll.png

I wanna hatch some of those bad!!! Maybe we should split an order of eggs.
wink.png

You guys are welcome over whenever you want, especially if it's to take more birds
wink.png
Those evil silkies! They sure are tough little things for week old's. I'm not sure how to tell male from female yet, maybe vent sex them? I would love to split an order of quail eggs, they only take about 2 weeks to hatch. But if it ends up like it did with the meat birds we'll end up getting over 100
ep.gif

Nevermind I just looked at the ebay listing it is over 100
gig.gif
You evil hairy man!

tongue2.gif

Last edited:
LOL! The pic with PC looking to do an Ozzy moment with the chicken had me laughing! Sure looks like you all had a great time! And those looked like some whopper cc's!

I agree with the fact that chickens...if they could they would be right next to you pecking and begging for scraps while you process another bird. I try to avoid killing them out of sight of neighbors but hard for me since I got them on all sides. I think the neighbors freaked when I processed my quail. They came home early and there I was stringing up headless quail to drain.

Back
Top Bottom