Pictures of my coop

cosmomcnugget

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 8, 2007
Look how cute! And it's insulated!
photos058.jpg

The door will fold down to open and the steps will be attached to that.

photos059.jpg

From my living room window, you can see the steps have not been attached yet:
photos060.jpg

The lid opens, as does the lid to the nest box lid:
photos057.jpg

Last edited:
I love your coop... especially the red. I'm all into the barn-ish looking coops.

And it gave me a good idea for a way to enlarge mine. I've been tinking about it and couldn't come up with anything.

Couldn't I do what you did and add another 'room' onto the back with a different little roof?

coop007.jpg

This pic shows the inside. So basically I would just cut out part of the wall on the side of the light.

coop014.jpg

Think this would work?

cosmom- I love the coop it so cute. You used metal roofing and I was wondering if that stuff was expensive. I live in Halifax, NS Canada and was wondering where you would buy it. I haven't seen that stuff at Home Depot.
Also, did you plant at bush or a tree in the pen?

The metal roofing was left over from another project. Originally it came from our local grange supply, and I don't think it was that expensive.

The plant was a volunteer. It is a lilac, we have a huge row of lilac bushes.... well really they are more like trees at this point. We are continually trying to control them, they pop up everywhere. But, I guess there are worse problems than lilacs
smile.png

I am still trying to figure out roost placement in such a short building.

Back
Top Bottom