Pigeon Talk

I searched "sooty blue check pigeon" on Google and I found ones that looked different. Genetics are interesting and weird, what is making her brown and black?
The brownness can bronzing.
I agree she doesn’t look quite like the picture but it’s my best guess.
Wait, I think she has “undergrizzle.”
That looks more like the effect here than sooty, though that could be involved as well.

Beauty got reserve champion pigeon at the fair
IMG_8249.jpeg

What would the best pigeon breeds be for a person who wants to begin keeping pigeons? (Not like I have the room or time for that, but still.)
All depends what you want from your pets. If you want garden pets,,, get Fantails.
If you would like a Flight in formation,,, get Homers.
Some of the other breeds, are for individuals, well into pigeons, and looking for different acrobatics.

What would the best pigeon breeds be for a person who wants to begin keeping pigeons? (Not like I have the room or time for that, but still.)
I would recommend Arabian Trumpeters but they are hard to find. The only reason I have them is dumb luck. When I was at a swap looking for pigeons I saw some and since they were one of the breeds I was interested in I got them.
They are very easy keepers though. Unflighty and they don’t need a big flight pen. They can fly but they don’t like to. They are defensive so it is fun to play fight with them. Good parents. Small, don’t eat a lot. They are louder than the other pigeon breeds but this is still much quieter than a hen.

I would recommend Arabian Trumpeters but they are hard to find. The only reason I have them is dumb luck. When I was at a swap looking for pigeons I saw some and since they were one of the breeds I was interested in I got them.
They are very easy keepers though. Unflighty and they don’t need a big flight pen. They can fly but they don’t like to. They are defensive so it is fun to play fight with them. Good parents. Small, don’t eat a lot. They are louder than the other pigeon breeds but this is still much quieter than a hen.
I watched a video of Arabian Trumpeters not too long ago and I love how they sound. Very unique voice.

Back
Top Bottom