Pipd's Peeps!

So... I missed another day. :oops: Not for lack of trying, I just was tired last night and forgot.

So today's picture of the day (number 85) is Myrna, who is obsessed with the hutch that the chicks sleep in for some reason. She flies up and sits in it like this every single morning once the kiddos have left. Just standing there, not even scratching around or anything. :idunno

1725630491740.png

I did grab a couple shots of Mack last night with the intention of posting them... Whoops. I was trying to get a good shot to show how glossy and iridescent his feathers are, but he's such a squirmy butt and wouldn't sit still. 🤭 Anyway, here's one at least somewhat decent shot of him that shows off those pretty feathers a little.

1725630590816.png

Phew, sorry y'all, busy weekend studying and getting homework done! Chicken tax from yesterday. Caz Cochin is not amused 🤭

1725835607172.png

And an extreme close up of Kya and her blocky Cochin head :love

1725835756766.png

For today's picture of the day (number 86), here's a quick shot of Wyatt's flock, including poor Georgia again who, as you can see from the background, just keeps losing more and more feathers 😬

Anyway, to the left is I believe Margot, and to the right is Morena (and Inara also just peeking in) noshing at the feeder, with the two co-mama'd babies in the background. I don't think the co-mamas are still actively mama-ing them, but they're also not chasing them off or anything, either, so the two of them just kind of hang out with everyone worry-free. :love

1725836078850.png

I'm not sure if I mentioned or not that Tessa had been having trouble as of late, building fluid in her abdomen and continuously dirtying her vent feathers despite my efforts to keep her clean. Today, after gradually going downhill for several weeks without any signs of improvement, I made the difficult decision that it was best to let Tess go in peace. 💔

At 7 years old, Tessa was my last bird directly from Sand Hill Preservation Center, a so-called 'Dark Dorking' who, like her late sister Echo, looked nothing like how they were described on site. The two of them were very hands-off birds, pretty but best viewed at a distance. Dorking in name only, I called them, as no other Dorkings I've owned had been so people-avoidant as them. A force to be reckoned with, Tess was near the top of the pecking order even as she ailed, no one daring to mess with her even in the state she'd reached. I'm sad to see her go, but relieved to know she's no longer in pain.

Tessa.jpg
Tessa.jpg

I... don't have a fresh picture for today. We'll call the above throwback pictures of the day. I have a quiz on Wednesday that I've been pretty nervous for (bones and muscles of the limbs... I think I've got them down, but it's a lot... 😬 ), I have to get a topic for a group speech ironed out with my group in communications tomorrow, and of course the first few tests of the semester are coming up in the next couple weeks, which I'm quite anxious about, so... I've been a bit preoccupied. 😅 Sorry for the rather spotty posting!

I'm not sure if I mentioned or not that Tessa had been having trouble as of late, building fluid in her abdomen and continuously dirtying her vent feathers despite my efforts to keep her clean. Today, after gradually going downhill for several weeks without any signs of improvement, I made the difficult decision that it was best to let Tess go in peace. 💔

At 7 years old, Tessa was my last bird directly from Sand Hill Preservation Center, a so-called 'Dark Dorking' who, like her late sister Echo, looked nothing like how they were described on site. The two of them were very hands-off birds, pretty but best viewed at a distance. Dorking in name only, I called them, as no other Dorkings I've owned had been so people-avoidant as them. A force to be reckoned with, Tess was near the top of the pecking order even as she ailed, no one daring to mess with her even in the state she'd reached. I'm sad to see her go, but relieved to know she's no longer in pain.

View attachment 3940242View attachment 3940243

I... don't have a fresh picture for today. We'll call the above throwback pictures of the day. I have a quiz on Wednesday that I've been pretty nervous for (bones and muscles of the limbs... I think I've got them down, but it's a lot... 😬 ), I have to get a topic for a group speech ironed out with my group in communications tomorrow, and of course the first few tests of the semester are coming up in the next couple weeks, which I'm quite anxious about, so... I've been a bit preoccupied. 😅 Sorry for the rather spotty posting!
Good luck on you test and speech!

Quiz: aced :yesss:

Next a bunch of homework and a speech to work on over the weekend, and then there's the first round of tests starting next week.
sweat wipe brow.gif

Anyway, some 'back taxes' for lack of pictures this week. :D

Janice, Pete, and... Not sure who that is peeking in over Pete's back in the background. 🤔

1726096750578.png

The dynamic duo, Roha and Rangi. ...Is it obvious that they've both gone into molt? 🤭

1726096873071.png

A very disgruntled-looking Roxanne
tapping foot.gif

1726097402605.png

Gwenyth yelling at me for bothering her while she's in bed. Do you see Fifi being nosy again in the background? 🤭

1726097043560.png

And a couple of the youngins making eyes at me for help because they haven't figured out how to hop up into their hutch to bed on their own yet. :rolleyes:

1726097632898.png

Having some issues with the house internet, so I'm just posting this real quick from my phone. Let me just say, I hate typing on tiny phone keyboards!! :barnie

Anyway, we'll call these pictures of the day number 87 88 (counting the throwback above). A closer look at a nosy Fifi waiting impatiently for me to open the coop door this morning 🤭

PXL_20240912_114047354.jpg
PXL_20240912_114048580.jpg

Editing: And... of course as soon as I give up and type this out on my phone, the house internet finally comes back on :th

Last edited:
Picture of the day number 89, we'll say. Wynne, current oldest bird in the flock at lucky 13 years old for lucky Friday the 13th 🤭

1726232984914.png

For a runner up, SOMEbirdy's gone broody, but she's playing it as innocently as possible :rolleyes: She's actually one of my unnamed on the no-keep list, but she's awfully cute, isn't she? :love

1726232605117.png

Picture of the day number 89, we'll say. Wynne, current oldest bird in the flock at lucky 13 years old for lucky Friday the 13th 🤭

View attachment 3942625

For a runner up, SOMEbirdy's gone broody, but she's playing it as innocently as possible :rolleyes: She's actually one of my unnamed on the no-keep list, but she's awfully cute, isn't she? :love

View attachment 3942618
Secreat broodies are the worst!

I have three chicks inside again and I think 5 out in the bantam pen. Three different hens where rotating sitting on the them I think as well.

Back
Top Bottom