Please explain the bantum thing

I keep both. Love the cochins and silkies. Have standard also. Thought I would just have standard but....ended up ordering 24 bantams + a tro of standard cochins. Just love those little guys. I call there eggs 2fers(2=1) Ha1

I notice a lot of people keep both here, do you notice any additional "Pecking Order" problems with size difference, do you keep them separate, or does everyone just get along? I'm still in the process of planning and prepping but never really considered Bantams, now, well, hmmm... back to the research!

I was just wondering this...a little late, as I just got two silikie (bantums) and the rest of my flock (3) will be standard.

Hopefully, since I got the silkies first, they will have "home field advantage" and no one will mess with them!
smack.gif

Plus, I will follow the very good introduction instructions I've learned here!
bow.gif

Do you guys think there will be problems?

I used to keep a couple cochins just to set on eggs...They would set on 8 to 10 regular chicken eggs and faithfully hatch them out. Other than that I can't think of a reason to keep one.

We got a little banny family by default,I wanted the chicks but had to buy the mom too and then I couldn't leave the dad and I told my husband we could sell the eggs Buy one get one lol
ya.gif

Who could resist any ideas of what kind these are?

I like little things. For some reason, standard size chickens just didn't appeal to me. The banties are SOOOO CUTE!!!! All mine have little feathered feet -- just like booties on. They take up less room, eat less, poop less, are quieter, roosters don't crow as loud (that's my theory anyway!!) They seem to have (overall) nicer personalities too.

I named them Henry and Henrietta, and they are nice little chickens, but my roos crow is very loud he seem to be louder than my old big red, but big red is really and old man he sounds like he needs a lozenge, lol now my husband can pick up and handle the Henry's but my big birds will only let me handle them.

Back
Top Bottom