Please help! Hen suddenly falling asleep while standing, droopy tail! [Edit: Probable Worm Blockage]

Pics
Hey, guys! Quick question: Sadie has had this really red comb the past two days. I've never had a hen with such a red comb and wattles before. The weather has been in the 90s the past couple days. Would hot weather maybe affect her comb color? Is this normal? The photo doesn't even quite show how red it is.
View attachment 3866833
She laid her first egg on December 30th, 2023 at 5 and a half months old. She was the earliest to lay. She laid an egg almost every day. She went broody about a week before she went into shock (This is her second time being broody. The first was a month before.) I am not certain the last time she laid an egg because of the back-to-back broodiness followed by the week of her doing so poor. I thought she had started up laying in between broody periods though. None of my hens have ever been so red before, so I got a bit nervous that something might be wrong. She's about as red as the rooster if not more red right now.

She laid her first egg on December 30th, 2023 at 5 and a half months old. She was the earliest to lay. She laid an egg almost every day. She went broody about a week before she went into shock (This is her second time being broody. The first was a month before.) I am not certain the last time she laid an egg because of the back-to-back broodiness followed by the week of her doing so poor. I thought she had started up laying in between broody periods though. None of my hens have ever been so red before, so I got a bit nervous that something might be wrong. She's about as red as the rooster if not more red right now.
I think she’s fine, but others can chime in.

Back
Top Bottom