Please Recommend A Movie Similar to...

Planet Earth is really an amazing documentary; I've watched it several times now. There's another fairly recent one, also run as a series, about the various areas of Russia that is also very well done; wish I could remember if it was on Discovery or Animal Planet or what. Can't remember the name, either, of course. Someone will come up with it.

Quote:
There was another movie made also about the same true story, but with a different name... I'll see if I can find it and post it. It was made a couple of years before the Ghost And The Darkness I think. I loved them both.

This is the only one I could find... But it's much older than the one I'm thinking of.

Bwana Devil is a 1952 drama based on the true story of the Tsavo maneaters. The Tsavo Man-Eaters were a pair of notorious man-eating lions responsible for the deaths of a number of construction workers on the Kenya-Uganda Railway, from March through December 1898.
It was written, directed, and produced by Arch Oboler. Arch Oboler was an American playwright, screenwriter, novelist, producer and director who was active in radio, films, theater and television. He generated much attention with his radio scripts, particularly the horror series Lights Out.
Bwana Devil is considered the first color, American 3-D feature film. It started the 3-D boom in the US film making industry from 1952 to 1954. It stars Robert Stack, Barbara Britton and Nigel Bruce.

Last edited:
Oooooo nature docs rock....look for land of falling waters, think it's a nova, and a really old one called animals are people too...it's actually funny

Love the BBC docs too, watching escape to river cottage now, will probably think of others

Do you mean similar as in "takes place in Africa" or do you mean similar as in "Man-eating critter movie"? If it's the latter, I gotta recommend Jaws, Eight-Legged Freaks, and Jurassic Park.

I Dreamed of Africa, Hatari, Africa Texas Style, Hildalgo(maybe), Gorillas in the Mist, Secret of Roan Innish (maybe), Bwana Devil (an earlier version of tsavo lions), Congo (maybe), Mogambo

Quote:
There have been several about Russia. Land of the Bear was one that was really good. The one on animal planet was just called Russia if I remember correctly...but it is really good. You can find it on Youtube.

You could always try "Clan of the Cave Bear" since the main character has a cave lion totem and lions appear in the beginning (of course you can read the novel which actually makes sene, too many things changed in the movie)

Back
Top Bottom