pls help!!

lexinicole0828

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2024
Hi! i’m new here and semi new to hatching chicks. i hatched around 13 in my incubator with seemingly no problems but recently the past 4 that have hatched seemed to hatch fine but hours later their insides were outside… idk what’s going on or what to do. i did buy a brand new incubator but i don’t see how that would do it. it’s the same kind i always use and i have the temp & humidity the same also. does anyone know what is happening??? also, the reason i had to get a new incubator is bc my other one started smoking at the power box/heater so idk if that could have affected the eggs or what but there wasn’t an actual fire and i caught it right away and then transferred them to the new incubator which was already ready and waiting bc i was going to transfer them to clean the other one anyways. this hasn’t happened to any of the previous 13 that i hatched and i rly don’t know what’s going on but i need to figure something out to stop this from continuing to happen like it has been.

Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

Could you post a picture of one or more of them? I've never heard of such a thing happening and doubt most have either.

Attachments

• IMG_9245.jpeg
    IMG_9245.jpeg
    322.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9246.jpeg
    IMG_9246.jpeg
    345.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9249.jpeg
    IMG_9249.jpeg
    442 KB · Views: 7
the one in the last pic is currently alive, the first two died and i had my boyfriend put the third one out of its misery bc it was visibly not doing good and the innards just kept coming out more and more as time went on.
Did you have to assist them out of their shell? Sometimes weird things happen to them when we assist them.

no, they hatched perfectly fine with no problems. all the problems happened shortly after hatch, around a couple hours after.
I've rarely had it happen where their yolk sac is still intact and comes out with them. They should have absorbed it but for some reason didn't. This looks like more than a yolk sac and after hatching hundreds of eggs, I have never seen this. Perhaps it was something to do with a fume from the burning heater getting to them if they had pipped already, but doubtful it would if they had not pipped yet.

You could post this in our Emergency Forum to see if anyone else knows what may have happened.

I've rarely had it happen where their yolk sac is still intact and comes out with them. They should have absorbed it but for some reason didn't. This looks like more than a yolk sac and after hatching hundreds of eggs, I have never seen this. Perhaps it was something to do with a fume from the burning heater getting to them if they had pipped already, but doubtful it would if they had not pipped yet.

You could post this in our Emergency Forum to see if anyone else knows what may have happened.
all the research i came across was referring to chicks that came out with their yolk sac out but all of these chicks came out perfectly fine and then hours later it was coming out): i couldn’t find anything like my situation. only the first one had pipped when the smoke occurred but all other ones were still inside the egg with no cracks or pips. thank you very much for your responses and advice! i will post on there right now:)

Back
Top Bottom