Plymouth Rock thread!

Pics
Here is a new pic of Bucky that I took a couple days ago.

44395_sdc10233.jpg

I've been reading this and I hope it keeps going. I've learn much and thanks for all of the pictures. Thanks Ducktang for the resource material. Sunny day here in Central Oregon.

My daughter just asked what a Silver Penciled Rock looks like. I've done a google search and a seach of BYC forums, but didn't find a picture of a hen. Anybody got one or a link to a good one?

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Kathy,

Are you following me around? We have interest in RIR, Dels and Barred Rocks. I read this thread last night and was impressed by some of the pics. I think I"ll stop at the three breeds. HOw many different breeds are you workon? One of the best days here, the fruit tree bud's are swelling and I"m afraid we have many more hard frost on the way.

What are the chicks in, is that a nesting box for sleeping in or is it a laying box for laying eggs in?
SHould I have open boxes for mygirls to nest in for sleeping?

Quote:

I am using large covered cat litter boxes. My girls love them and so do I for they are easy to clean and move. We will be expanding our coop this year. Hubby loves the chickens and wants more. Our girls have not let us down all winter giving us an easy dozen a day. We now have one laying a jumbo and may after moult are up to extra large. Still have a few to go threw moult. This has been the worst winter since we moved to TN. But the flock took it like champs. I love my Rocks.
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom