Pole Bean Variety or Bush Bean

black_fleet

Songster
Feb 4, 2019
Florida
Hey everyone, hoping someone can give me some much needee insight. I'm having trouble finding out if Blue Pea Bantams are bush or pole beans. Online it states they grow up to 3-4 feet tall and some mention they require support. Another site said pole beans grow up to 12 feet tall while bush beans only grow up to two feet tall. I dont know where to plant them without knowing which variety they are as each variety has different implications in my garden. Please help me! I really appreciate any insight.

If it grows to 3-4 feet, I would treat it like a pole bean. It might not need a tall support, but it will need something. I've had similar types of beans that I plant along my garden fence. The fence is plenty of support, they take up hardly any space. I just have to keep the deer away from them.

If it grows to 3-4 feet, I would treat it like a pole bean. It might not need a tall support, but it will need something. I've had similar types of beans that I plant along my garden fence. The fence is plenty of support, they take up hardly any space. I just have to keep the deer away from them.
Thank you for clearing that up!! :D i'll get to planting them in that case

I just saw these in the local store today (Burpee brand). I was wondering the same thing! Usually peas need some kind of support- I’ve grown short/dwarf types that benefitted from support. But, it does help to know about how tall the plant will get!

Back
Top Bottom