Polish chick sparing with my feet- does she seem like a cockerel?

A cockerel's combs would've turned red pretty earlier. Also, she won't lay until 6 months. But the dead giveaway for gender is the saddle feathers at 3 months, but also the great thing about Polish is that their crest helps in determining gender a lot. I'm sure you've seen pictures of Polish roos and Polish hens before. Big crest difference.
Okay, she doesn't have any comb. Her wattles have been red though, they're still very small.
Well I'm glad everyone seems to think she's a pullet, it would break my heart to give her away beside her craziness she's very sweet.

Okay, she doesn't have any comb. Her wattles have been red though, they're still very small.
Well I'm glad everyone seems to think she's a pullet, it would break my heart to give her away beside her craziness she's very sweet.
Most Polish pullets and even hens don’t have combs. Just wattles are really visible. But one of my Polish boys has a big V-Comb.

That's interesting. Here's a few more pictures of them and their small size. they're all pretty similar in size, my duccle is very small since she's a bantam and my dark cornish is the largest. So it's possible my polish is getting ready to lay? She still seems small, but o guess that would explain why her little waddles have been more red lately, i just thought that ment she was maybe a boy getting closer to crowing.
Here's them in comparison to my smallest hen (the rest of the adults are about a third larger then this girl and my rooster is huge).
View attachment 1556854 View attachment 1556855 View attachment 1556857
so.. my polish is small too... and her hairdo TOTALLY gives it away... she's a girl!!! Also... I JUST GOT BUTTON CHICKS!!! (sorry, I had to tell you)https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...y-button-hatched.1276199/page-2#post-20531316

Back
Top Bottom