Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I have about 8 polish in buff, silver laced, white crested black and blue, a partridge, mottled, a mottled houdan, and sultan all hens what would be the best polish rooster to get to try and get some good coloring from breeding

So I have about 8 polish in buff, silver laced, white crested black and blue, a partridge, mottled, a mottled houdan, and sultan all hens what would be the best polish rooster to get to try and get some good coloring from breeding
A partridge polish????? I thought they where only in Europe, I didn't believe there where any over here.

Maybe they're from Europe? Mottled is another color you won't find in Polish in the US either. Well, except maybe if you trip across a breeder experimenting, haha. By that I mean me.
big_smile.png
Not on purpose, though.

As for the question - Honestly they're all different colors, so there's no answer out of that whole flock if you want to show the offspring or continue breeding for show. If you just want cool mixed colors though. . . Your best bet is to pair them with patterned birds. Buff Laced (also called Chamois in Europe) or Silver Laced or Gold Laced are good choices for color as well as Crele. They'll throw more colorful offspring. Any solid colored birds or similar, such as Cuckoo, WCB, Blue, White, Black, etc will just give more mostly solid offspring with sliight color leakage in the males. If you're lucky to get a partridge male, he'll throw offspring similar to what a laced male will give, except slightly less patterened. You've GOT to show pics of that partridge though. Even in Europe they're very rare, and I'm curious if that's actually what you have.

Edited to add - Your mottled Houdan and mottled Polish sadly won't pass on that mottling in case you're curious. Visually, I mean. Mottling is recessive, so the offspring will just be black birds. If you breed back though, you'll get mottling again.

Last edited:
Well the mottled polish I just got from a person that got her from a hoarder case but she had a lot of rare birds so she might have had European strain and I will try to post a pic of the partridge polish and see what you think still haven't figured out the whole pic thing but will figure it out

Ah. If you're in America then I'm sorry to say but I doubt you have a partridge Polish. Most likely the owner thought that it looked like a partridge colored bird and named it so. Same for the mottled. That or they miight be Polish mixes or something. I have never heard of a case of European partridge Polish being imported.

Back
Top Bottom