Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do u fellow polish lovers think of these beauties? What do u think male or female? I would say they are about 5 or 6 weeks old.
1:

2:

3:

4:

What do u fellow polish lovers think of these beauties? What do u think male or female? I would say they are about 5 or 6 weeks old.
1:

2:

3:

4:

They are very cute. What if any was the differences in their feather growth rate on the wings. That tell the story about their sexes at an early age. Did you notice any difference? Females seem feather heavy for their size but male seem to be all body as their wing feathers start to grow out. That would be in the first week or two.

Y
I was curious if anyone here had experience with breeding Polish to other breeds. I'm asking because last month I hatched 2 eggs from my Polish hens that were fertilized by my Sebright rooster.

The chicks look like this right now. Mostly all Sebright, with the exception of these mohawks they seem to be developing. I'm tryin to figure out what the odds are that they'll actually end up with maybe a partial crest. I know it won't be a full crest like the hens since the chicks weren't born with that domed head.

Any guesses or input is greatly appreciated as the wait to see them fully feathered is driving me nuts! :D

Yes
Our WCBlack Polish bred with our Partridge Plymouth rocks Easter Egger, SLWyandotte, & Heritage RIR

We posted a couple of our EE on this thread, but the rest are due for a new photo shoot
But you can see a pic of all here
Facebook.com/BaileysBirdsSC7

Out of 24 hatched all but 4 had tufts. 2 were white/buff, one red, one b&w barred, 7 black, 14 red over black or partridgy feathering.
We solid all but 2 white, 1 black, 1 partridgey, 1red

They are very cute.  What if any was the differences in their feather growth rate on the wings.  That tell the story about their sexes at an early age.  Did you notice any difference? Females seem feather heavy for their size but male seem to be all body as their wing feathers start to grow out. That would be in the first week or two.
I wouldn't know I bought them this size. I'm fine as long as I get a boy and a girl with good crest.and thank you, they as very cute.

Last edited:
We're just showing our parentals and our Polish Blended babies

Our WCBlack Polish SCAR

Our CLean faced EE (AraucanaXRIR) GONZO

I think we have kept a boy and a girl
and if anyone has an opinion on gender please don't hold back

Male

Female

Was mainly keeping these two because they we're the only white ones out of the 7 eggs from our ee gal that hatched.
Curious to see what color egg comes from a hen. of this mixture. I'm going to try and pick 1 other one and just hope it's a girl too.

@uzisuzuki

Back
Top Bottom