Possible Pelvis Injury?

eternalsun77

Hatching
Feb 12, 2024
My poor girl was injured last night. I am unsure what is actually going on? She jumped from my daughter's arms and landed awkwardly. I suspect it may be a pelvis injury. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am sorry about your chickens’s injury. She is definitely hurt. Is there any way to see a vet for an xray and help? Look for any green bruising, redness, broken skin, or swelling along either leg up into the feathers to the hip. She might have suffered a sprain, but a fracture could also be a problem. I would confine her to a wire dog crate with bedding, cover the top, put food and water near to her. She needs to rest her leg, since she could injure it further. A chicken sling can be made to sit in for periods right next to food and water, but she may or may not tolerate it. Some fight to get out of them. Aspirin 80 mg can be given orally or in a small bite of food 1/2 tablet daily.

I am sorry about your chickens’s injury. She is definitely hurt. Is there any way to see a vet for an xray and help? Look for any green bruising, redness, broken skin, or swelling along either leg up into the feathers to the hip. She might have suffered a sprain, but a fracture could also be a problem. I would confine her to a wire dog crate with bedding, cover the top, put food and water near to her. She needs to rest her leg, since she could injure it further. A chicken sling can be made to sit in for periods right next to food and water, but she may or may not tolerate it. Some fight to get out of them. Aspirin 80 mg can be given orally or in a small bite of food 1/2 tablet daily.
I think I will take her into the vet tomorrow. This was very helpful advice. Thank you so much ❤️ I had my husband run out and get Aspirin for her ❤️

Back
Top Bottom