Post pics of your Wyandottes

Once and a while you will find a single combed wyandotte. Breeders have kept the gene to ensure good fertility. For some reason rose combed birds have lower fertility.

Here are mine, they are from Mt. Healthy Hatchery.

Pretty typical hen.
Mix-upday017.jpg

The next 2 pics are of the same hen.
Mix-upday016.jpg

March1607019.jpg

I need to get a better pic of this hen's lacing it's very light. Here's a head shot in the mean time because she has a neat little comb.
Wyn.jpg

They all look different enough for most people to be able to tell them apart.
lol.png

Ella, Thanks for posting those pictures. I think mine look so different i wonder if they are really the same breed. I posted the lighter one of the two. My darker one will probably look more like your darker one. They are both pretty.

Ok, here is my new Golden Laced Wyandotte - came from the privette hatcherie as a pullet

Here at a couple days old.
glw2b.jpg

I have a post asking for anyone to confirm, that I did pick out the right one from a box full off EE's, GLW"s and others... so for now i'll assume this is one.
Heres a pic at just about a week old. We named her "Winnie" today
winney500.jpg

Update: Winnie @14 Weeks Old
wincu.jpg

@17 WEEKS
WINNIE17.jpg

The post below this one refers to the original pic I posted here that turned out to be an EE.

Last edited:
Those look just like one of my EE and they both have the very green legs. My guess would be EE's. I would be thrilled if they were mine. Your lucky to have them.

Awe!!!

This makes me so sad!!!
hit.gif
I had 6 black wyandottes pullets and a EE pullet that were attacked by our neighbors dog and he killed them all!!! He rip thru our chicken wire. It was a very sad day for us... I learned a very valueable lesson on what is good fencing for a chicken coop. Since then we got a batch of 15 straight run heavy breed chicks and 1 partridge rock pullet and 1 white lace red cornish pullet (I couldn't find anymore wyandottes
sad.png
). I sure hope that my straight run chicks turn out to be at least half pullets.
fl.gif
I think we have 3 barred rocks, 5 EE, 2 RIRs, 2 Buff somethings, 2 Black Australorps and 1 dorking (or something with 5 toes!).

Thanks for all the great pix. I sure miss my gals!

Chrystal

Back
Top Bottom