Post Your Chocolates, Dun ,Khaki , Platinum Bird Pics

Quote:
No, he is not platinum. 99.9% sure.

Henk I've been following this thread. Can you post pics of Platinum, I've searched but can't find any on the internet. Thanks

There is a very recent topic on this board...
wink.png

Well, whether he is or isn't I will be test breeding him with a Black pullet I have to find out for sure.

Thanks or everyone's input.
smile.png

Quote:
to me he looks lika a Rusty Blue(Light Blue) but I could be wrong., some Blues can show Rustiness only on the Pyle areas, but a few of them show what I call whole budy Rustiness, what causes this? I don't know, so far rustiness has not been studied in depth enough. I believe that light blue seem to show more rustines than Dark Blue. being based on gold is another factor..

below image is something I made using the computer program "paint" just to show you how whole buddy rustiness looks,

on the left is your bird, on the right one is a andalusian blue rooster showing rustines and budy rustines and the one at the bottom is showing an extreme case of Rustines, seems like he could also have Mahogany in him making the color stand out more

Rustiness1.jpg

Quote:
Tim how does Body Rustines occurs?

Thanks

Last edited:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just hold your breath for a sec... I think there is a Genetic Possibility for a Platinum Blue rooster to show Chocolate colored Pyle areas... give me some time and I'll post how can this be possible

Ok here it goes....

if we assume Sumatras are based on Extended Black and carry Melanotic below genetic theory may hold some watter...
wink.png

Andalucian Blue(Bl/bl+) does NOT affect Melanotic(Ml) and PaternGen(Pg) on a Extended Black background... Blue Andalusian chickens are proof of this..
renguivergallo.jpg

here is a Oriental Gam showing just Melanotic..
BlueandBlack-1.jpg

Below Birds have Black Pyle areas left untouched by Blue, now if you add Heterozygous Dun(I^D/i+) one can theorically end up with a Platinum Blue colored Body with Chocolate Colored Pyle areas...
chockPyle.jpg

the Circled area seem to be dark as Chocolate to me..

but that's my theory...

Last edited:
As frustrating as it is to rationalize that he may not be Platinum, I'm also very intrigued to learn more about the potential genetics of this bird.
smile.png

If it helps I can try to get some updated pictures of him this afternoon when I'm finished with work.

Quote:
That would be great thanks,... and if you have pics of his parents that will clear things up too, thanks
big_smile.png

I don't own the birds he came from, but I do have pictures of them from the auction that I won. The birds belong to gamebirdsonly.

Here is the cock, a Dun.

001-17.jpg

I lightened the photo so you can see him a bit better.

Dunroo-1.jpg

These are the two hens that he could have came from, a Black and a Blue

003-13.jpg

Again, these photos are not mine, they belong to gamebirdsonly.

Here's a few more pictures of my cockerel, these are also a few weeks old.

IMG_5526.jpg

IMG_5519.jpg

IMG_5512.jpg

This is my cockerel as a day old, his down was a very very pale gray color, similar in appearance to what Lavender chicks look like.

IMAG0372-1.jpg

I'll try to get some new photos when I get home this afternoon.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom