Potential Scam Alert

Honestly its not the first time my web site has been ripped off, my text and pictures stolen by others to sell there own birds, but this is the first time that the offending party seems to have a rather large web site that all appears to be fraudulent. I want to address this, but was hopping to gather some information first.

Before or after ordering?
Edit, I see you didn't. Can you flag them for copywrite infringe
I do have a copywrite on my site not sure how enforceable that is though. In the past i have only asked for things to be removed, sometimes they were sometimes not, i did not push it that much. But it had always been other farms that were actually selling birds. this new site appears to be completely fake and now I am worried about my content being out there on a large totally fraudulent site. So far I haven't found any one that has actually ordered from them so can't really call them a scam for sure, but it sure seems like one.

I do have a copywrite on my site not sure how enforceable that is though. In the past i have only asked for things to be removed, sometimes they were sometimes not, i did not push it that much. But it had always been other farms that were actually selling birds. this new site appears to be completely fake and now I am worried about my content being out there on a large totally fraudulent site. So far I haven't found any one that has actually ordered from them so can't really call them a scam for sure, but it sure seems like one.
You can go to their hosting company and request they take down the material they scraped from your site. The site is hosted by https://www.asurahosting.com/

Thank you for that info, I will check it out.

You can go to their hosting company and request they take down the material they scraped from your site. The site is hosted by https://www.asurahosting.com/
I have formally asked for them to remove my content, waiting on a reply regarding this request. I have also alerted the host that the sight is a potentially a fraudulent site. Not really expecting them to do anything about the fraud but at least I tried.

Update: Asura hosting was very helpful, they removed the site. However a few days later it was back up still displaying my content. I keep contacting Asura they keep taking it down 3 times now, but they said owner of the site is able to keep doing this by switching providers. I image whoever is running the scam is way more tech savvy than me. Really unfortunate that fraudulent site will probably still be out there, as i don't have the time to request every other day for it to be taken down. I just hope that this post keeps someone from getting scammed!

Back
Top Bottom