PPBA Show in Stockton, CA in January?

Quote:
I've actually thought about a large piece of land and splitting sections with friends or family.

I'm going to be looking for "for sale" signs all the way to Dixon tomorrow.

This is a little ways past Dixon but a local realtor sent me an email that there is an acre property with home, and garage/shop/office, coming up for sale for $169,000 in Capay Valley.

smile.png
Kim​

Kim, Once you put copper over blue, it takes a long time to get that coloring out of the napes and wings, so many generations, it just is better not to go there. -Carrie

Quote:
I've actually thought about a large piece of land and splitting sections with friends or family.

I'm going to be looking for "for sale" signs all the way to Dixon tomorrow.

This is a little ways past Dixon but a local realtor sent me an email that there is an acre property with home, and garage/shop/office, coming up for sale for $169,000 in Capay Valley.

smile.png
Kim

There's another one for a bit more, $380k, but it's got nearly 24 acres.

Quote:
Um, are you sure it wasn't an Easter Egger?

haha... i sure hope not.... thatd be pretty stupid to enter an EE in a chicken show.... I havent been able find much info on that color of ameraucana elsewhere, araucana have a standard for golden duckwing though... but he sure was pretty.

Quote:
Um, are you sure it wasn't an Easter Egger?

haha... i sure hope not.... thatd be pretty stupid to enter an EE in a chicken show.... I havent been able find much info on that color of ameraucana elsewhere, araucana have a standard for golden duckwing though... but he sure was pretty.

Its unwise, for sure... but many people purchase EE's believing they are Ameraucanas, so I wouldnt be too surprised if it was. I took some pics of the Amers but I dont know if I got one of that bird.

Quote:
Actually I was a trio when and if I ever get my own place.

What she wants is the bantam Modern Games They look like those though.

She keeps bugging me about signing her up to show, so I have to find the brochure I got and find out how to get her started.

She loves the chickens. Three of my Games are actually hers. She tried to name them ALL Bella. A little hooked on Twilight. LOL She does have a Bella though. I like these girls. They are just now maybe a year old. Bigger than my other Game girls. They never laid pullet eggs, just kicked in the full sized ones. I had intended to look for a Cubalaya breeder at the show, but didn't see anyone around. I did buy the list of exhibitors, but forgot to go write down the exhibitor numbers after I got it. I want to add some Cuba in with the Games for some body and tail length.

Trying to make myself tired enough to go to sleep. I'm hovering over my Bantam Wellie eggs that are due to day. Can't tell if they are peeping or the ones that just hatched. feel like I live in a barn right now.

Quote:

Its unwise, for sure... but many people purchase EE's believing they are Ameraucanas, so I wouldnt be too surprised if it was. I took some pics of the Amers but I dont know if I got one of that bird.

Well from the coloring of the bird, it truly wasn't a mutt EE. Blue Golden Duckwing is a standard color for some breeds, and was definately NOT an accident. There appeared to have been some intense breeding to get that color pattern and i wish you guys could have seen it. Next time i will bring the camera for sure! the pattern was just like this OEGB except obviously in LF Ameraucana form.....

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...page=1&ndsp=33&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=89&ty=75

anywho, first chicken show i've been to. Definately suprised at the SIZE of some of the birds. The Rocks were HUGE. Also one particular black sumatra was amazing. Never seen a bird with a face quite that black. i had a good time

Quote:

Well from the coloring of the bird, it truly wasn't a mutt EE. Blue Golden Duckwing is a standard color for some breeds, and was definately NOT an accident. There appeared to have been some intense breeding to get that color pattern and i wish you guys could have seen it. Next time i will bring the camera for sure! the pattern was just like this OEGB except obviously in LF Ameraucana form.....

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...page=1&ndsp=33&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=89&ty=75

anywho, first chicken show i've been to. Definately suprised at the SIZE of some of the birds. The Rocks were HUGE. Also one particular black sumatra was amazing. Never seen a bird with a face quite that black. i had a good time

There were several different colors that I didn't know where trying to be introduced. That Duckwing was beautiful. Lotsapaints really liked him too. We know that you know what you're talking about!

I have an egg in the bator that came from a Golden Quail Ameraucana. That bird won 1st for BV, so I'm pretty sure that at this show and with the comments made by the judges, that THEY know these are not EEs. Just because there are colors being worked on by those on this site and that's all you see, doesn't mean that someone, somewhere doesn't also have a project going on.

AMs who come from pure stock, but in unrecognized colors are treated as mutts. Maybe some breeds that have all of the different and beautiful colors introduced at that show got fed up. I think most of the not yet recognized colored birds are some of the nicest I've seen.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom