Quail hatch. Follow along.

Pics
Hey everyone! It’s been a while since I posted on this thread, but I have some good news! I had 1 pair of quail survive the infection passed on by the rat. This is their first breeding season and they produced 2 beautiful little chicks all on their own!
That's great!
It's always a bonus when they hatch their own babies.
Looking forward to more updates!

Hey everyone, sadly both of the quail passed away. One passed on the first night and the second passed on the second night. They showed no prior signs of illness or anything like that, but to my belief they had a failure to thrive issue. Although I dunked their head in both food and water, gave them some sugar water to boost their energy, they just would not drink on their own. I’ve had that same issue with first year bird’s offspring. For some reason they always are weaker then second or third year offspring. Some good news is that I walked in to the pen and spotted a nest with 1 egg in it. If she does continue to lay I will incubate the eggs myself instead of letting the mother just to see how it works out.

Hey everyone, sadly both of the quail passed away. One passed on the first night and the second passed on the second night. They showed no prior signs of illness or anything like that, but to my belief they had a failure to thrive issue. Although I dunked their head in both food and water, gave them some sugar water to boost their energy, they just would not drink on their own. I’ve had that same issue with first year bird’s offspring. For some reason they always are weaker then second or third year offspring. Some good news is that I walked in to the pen and spotted a nest with 1 egg in it. If she does continue to lay I will incubate the eggs myself instead of letting the mother just to see how it works out.
Aw I’m sorry to hear that, but I hope you have better results next time! :hugs

@ Mallards and Quail
I started fallowing this thread about 3 days ago and just got caught up. It sounds like it's been one heck of a ride for you. A lot of ups and downs both. I'm very sorry for your losses.
I am glad you started this journey and have allowed everyone to fallow along. I have learned very much from your experiences and from the members that have helped you along.

I am a new member here and have 30 Gambel eggs in the incubator now. I'm looking forward to hatch day for sure. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

@ Mallards and Quail
I started fallowing this thread about 3 days ago and just got caught up. It sounds like it's been one heck of a ride for you. A lot of ups and downs both. I'm very sorry for your losses.
I am glad you started this journey and have allowed everyone to fallow along. I have learned very much from your experiences and from the members that have helped you along.

I am a new member here and have 30 Gambel eggs in the incubator now. I'm looking forward to hatch day for sure. Best of luck in your future endeavors!
I’m glad you found interest in this thread, and more so because it was able to help you out! I wish you the best of luck on your hatch. I’d like to see some updates as well. God bless.

Back
Top Bottom