Quail Sweeties Hatch Along!

Pics
I love the name suggestions! We already have a hens named Cinnamon and Vanilla Bean, so spice-y names work too c:

24 is already taken!
Thanks :D Then can I get 25 instead of 24 and name it Honey? Also you can use the names list if there are any unclaimed babies at hatch time. Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, but what breeds/colors will they be?

Thanks :D Then can I get 25 instead of 24 and name it Honey? Also you can use the names list if there are any unclaimed babies at hatch time. Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, but what breeds/colors will they be?
Well, all of them are Coturnix quail. As for colors, I'm not sure - I think Tidbit is likely the father for most of them, and I think he's a grau fee - so extended brown (darkens the whole bird) + a gene that removes red pigment. Tiramisu is the other roo and might be the father for some of them - I had removed him to a different cage for a few weeks, but I put him back while I was still collecting eggs - and I believe he's a sparkly egyptian, which is a pattern-changing gene + one copy of roux dilute iirc.

1000011766.jpg

Tidbit

1000011752.jpg

Tiramisu (the one in the back with the little white throat patch)

The hens are all sorts of colors. The celadon eggs will likely have tuxedo markings because all my confirmed celadon layers have tuxedo markings, but the rest? I have two Manchurian/Italian hens, a brown/pharoah hen, two English White hens (which - I have no idea what their white markings are hiding), 2-3 red range tuxedos...

1000011748.jpg

Long story short, I expect a pretty random assortment from this hatch! Probably a lot of tuxedos and red/darker birds, haha.

Well, all of them are Coturnix quail. As for colors, I'm not sure - I think Tidbit is likely the father for most of them, and I think he's a grau fee - so extended brown (darkens the whole bird) + a gene that removes red pigment. Tiramisu is the other roo and might be the father for some of them - I had removed him to a different cage for a few weeks, but I put him back while I was still collecting eggs - and I believe he's a sparkly egyptian, which is a pattern-changing gene + one copy of roux dilute iirc.

View attachment 3814121
Tidbit

View attachment 3814123
Tiramisu (the one in the back with the little white throat patch)

The hens are all sorts of colors. The celadon eggs will likely have tuxedo markings because all my confirmed celadon layers have tuxedo markings, but the rest? I have two Manchurian/Italian hens, a brown/pharoah hen, two English White hens (which - I have no idea what their white markings are hiding), 2-3 red range tuxedos...

View attachment 3814129

Long story short, I expect a pretty random assortment from this hatch! Probably a lot of tuxedos and red/darker birds, haha.
That's a pile of cuties in that bowl. :p

Back
Top Bottom