Question of the Day - Monday, June 24th, 2024

So since I'm a knower of stuff...

I said that for the longest time but someone kept telling me they were a "starch" and that she was always correct.
Some vegetables contain starch (taters being an example), it's not an "either / or" deal. Starch by itself does not grow in the garden. It's part of the chemical composition of a vegetable. That person was mistaken.

I also like corn flakes so I tried to stretch that as one but was told corn was a grain.
Corn's another multitasker. Fresh on the cob it's a vegetable, but after you let it dry out, it's a grain.

So it's grain by the time it hits corn flakes, but fresh off the grill with butter, it's a veggie.

Feel free to use this knowledge when some whippersnapper tries to tell you that your diet is unhealthy.

Well you are a knower of stuff.
But I'm perplexed by her believing what a government agency says.

You forget that #1 I'm a lunch lady and have to follow the rules of the USDA when it comes to food for the school kids. #2 I never believe what a government agency says. Just because I said that they said it was a veggie does not mean I believe them 🛸🏴‍☠️

You forget that #1 I'm a lunch lady and have to follow the rules of the USDA when it comes to food for the school kids. #2 I never believe what a government agency says. Just because I said that they said it was a veggie does not mean I believe them 🛸🏴‍☠️
So, you believe it is not a veggie since they say it is? Gotcha

Back
Top Bottom