Question of the Day - Saturday, June 22nd, 2024

I have separate little cages I stick my roosters into at night. It helps to keep them from fighting each other or over mating the hens before I can open the coop for the day - I've never been an up at the crack of dawn sort of person, so depending on the time of year I need some waking up wiggle room where I don't need to worry about everyone killing each other. I love picking them up to put them in at night and taking them out in the mornings. They're resigned to it and are very calm about the whole thing. It's just a nice moment in which I always think about how sweet my roosters are compared to the ones you hear horror stories about.

This is a wonderful website. I've had chickens for about ten years; then in 2022 I broke my arm/wrist and gave the girls away. Now I've got six, but only two are old enuf to lay. I forgot how silly they are, and also entertaining, with their muttering, clucking, and peeping; and even destroying my garden. I always find something helpful at this site; can't thank enough of you for all of your input.

I like sitting in the run during chickie snack time. I love it when one of them will get up on my lap and sit for a spell. (Even if she then poops on my lap, as did Robin today.)

Gathering the eggs is pretty cool too.

Back
Top Bottom