Question???

You know you're going to get a lot of different opinions. You could do the whole "cast a vote thing" or just see what majority says. I've tried wood floor and bare dirt. I did wood and got really sick of collecting poo in plastic bins under roost. It was gross and they managed to hit the walls alot. My pretty wood floor that I worked so hard on was over run with baby chicken poo, etc. So then I added to my coop, kicked them off my floor and used bare ground with sand under roosts for "deep whatever it's called." Well that's even grosser and leaving poo for a long time just to me is about to lazy for daily cleanup. SO NOW I have poop boards filled with sand under roosts and I installed a nice wood floor that is always clean. I'm finally happy with this config! ⭐
:wee

You know you're going to get a lot of different opinions. You could do the whole "cast a vote thing" or just see what majority says. I've tried wood floor and bare dirt. I did wood and got really sick of collecting poo in plastic bins under roost. It was gross and they managed to hit the walls alot. My pretty wood floor that I worked so hard on was over run with baby chicken poo, etc. So then I added to my coop, kicked them off my floor and used bare ground with sand under roosts for "deep whatever it's called." Well that's even grosser and leaving poo for a long time just to me is about to lazy for daily cleanup. SO NOW I have poop boards filled with sand under roosts and I installed a nice wood floor that is always clean. I'm finally happy with this config! ⭐
:wee
Yeah I thought I would. We don't want straight wooden floor we know it will get nasty

Yeah I thought I would. We don't want straight wooden floor we know it will get nasty
No floor will get nasty if you do poop boards under roosts. That is unless they're locked inside during the day... But yea if you're not doing poop boards, then something over plywood like laminate or thick paint helps with cleaning. I have a friend who did a Paver floor and that cleans up easy too.

No floor will get nasty if you do poop boards under roosts. That is unless they're locked inside during the day... But yea if you're not doing poop boards, then something over plywood like laminate or thick paint helps with cleaning. I have a friend who did a Paver floor and that cleans up easy too.
Can you explain poop boards? Sorry

Can you explain poop boards? Sorry
Not a problem! This is the thread I read first with a ton of pictures and different way to go about it.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...t-warning-graphic-gross-poop-pictures.621363/

Then I did mine:
IMG_5652 (1).JPG

Poop boards with sand under roost bars in both sides of my coop (big's and little's.) I have 12 chickens, takes me about 5mins every morning to scoop poo into a bucket, just like kitty litter box. I dump bucket into compost or directly in my garden every 2 weeks. Easy peasey! 😎 Clean painted plywood floor on one side, clean old tongue and groove wood floor on other side....

Back
Top Bottom