Quilt Block Swap! All blocks have been mailed!

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
This swap is not endorsed by BYC (owner, website, staff, etc.). The BYC Staff is not responsible and will not mediate if something goes "wrong" or a deal goes "bad". If you choose to participate in a swap, it is best to know who you are swapping with and not to swap more than you can afford to lose.

The BYC Staff is sensitive because of past swaps. We want our members to feel comfortable having fun with these and other social interactions, but please keep in mind that there were issues with some organizers and swappers bailing in the past.

Like any other interaction: Have fun, but be careful and safe!"

BYC has a lot of talent in its members . I thought it would be fun to harness that talent and energy found here by putting together a quilt . But not just one quilt. A quilt for each of us participating!

Here is how it will work -

The Swap Plan

1. If you want to join the swap list leave a post on this thread.

2. After a week or so the swap will be closed to new participants. (Dates to come later.)

3. At that time a count and an acknowledgment of each participant will be listed to make sure no one is accidently left out.

4. The number of people participating in the swap will be the number of quilt blocks each person will be require to make. Example - 20 people sign up for the swap. Each one of us will make 20 quilt blocks.

5. At the end of one month all quilt blocks will be mailed to me - MissPrissy - along with a self addressed stamped padded envelope. The SASE will need to be same as the envelop and postage you are sending your quilt blocks in.

6. Once I have received all of the blocks, I will sort them out. 20 people participating each will recieve 20 quilt blocks.

7. I will then package each stack of quilt blocks and mail you 1 set in your SASE.

8. Once you recieve your package of quilt blocks it will be up to you to piece your own quilt top, add batting and backing and do the actual quilt work for own quilted blanket.

Easy enough? I think so!

The Quilt Blocks

The pattern will be a very simple 9 patch quilt block . Maybe something different. Let's hear your ideas!

Once we determine how many would like to participate we will continue with the thread as to the specifics of size and theme for the quilt blocks.

So, how many of you quilters and crafters out there would like to swap one of a kind squares with fellow BYC members?

Updating to list those participating so far -

1. MissPrissy
2. sclanimals
3. Shelanie
4. jkcove08
5. K&H Chicken Farm
6. ParsonsWife
7. hsm5grls
8. SloCrevs
9. dlhunicorn
10. terrielacy
11. herechickchick
12. jebrab
13. back2basic
14. sara
15. blossom hen
16. cockadoodlemom
17. pepperluvsmee
18. peeps7
19. Frazzled
20. 4F Farm
21. loliemc

Blocks being made -

MissPrissy - applique rooster
Slocrevs - 8 point star
jkcoves08 - 9 patch variation
cockadoodlemom - Broken Wheel
pepperluvsmee - 9 patch with embroidery
K&H Chicken farm - 9 patch
jebrab - 9 -atch or pinwheel ??
blossomhen - 9 patch with applique
frazzled - 9 patch​

Last edited:
wee.gif
I'm in too!
yippiechickie.gif
:weee

Last edited:
I want to be in sooooo bad....but got lot going on this month....if you repost this and do it again another time...can you PM me?
Thank you....

Back
Top Bottom