Raising and caring for ducklings

Pics
I'll figure out how to get the video up soon. They are so funny.
pop.gif

If the duckling internally pipped almost 24 hrs ago, could he potentially need help to get out of the shell? I talk to him and he screams really loud inside the shell. Could that mean that he can't get out?

If the duckling internally pipped almost 24 hrs ago, could he potentially need help to get out of the shell? I talk to him and he screams really loud inside the shell. Could that mean that he can't get out?

What kind of duck? If not a Call duck, then it could easily take 40+ hours. Dont panic and help too soon. Ducks take their own sweet time. Good luck!

What kind of duck? If not a Call duck, then it could easily take 40+ hours. Dont panic and help too soon. Ducks take their own sweet time. Good luck!

Not a call duck- an appleyard. I thought they would hatch 24 hrs after internal pipping, from what I read. I was worried because it sounded like it was freaking out in there. As soon as it heard my voice it would get louder and louder! I'll leave it alone I guess, plus the rest of the eggs have to catch up or else he'll be sitting alone in there :)

Back
Top Bottom