Raising Ducklings

Jakeb5689

In the Brooder
Mar 15, 2019
Hi I'm getting ducklings in about a week and I have my brooder and everything ready for them to come home. But my parents don't want me to keep the ducklings inside the house. We have a shed that is insulated that just holds our bikes and things like that. The shed has plenty of room to fit the brooder and also has outlets that we can use for the heat lamp. I just want to make sure that it is ok for the ducklings to live and there for the first couple weeks until they are move outside.

Thanks,
Jake

Yes. Once you get the brooder setup in there, if you have any questions, post a picture and we can help you modify your setup. Look into make a no mess waterer if you have not already and this will help your brooder bedding last a bit longer between cleanings. Have fun with your ducklings!
Ok great I'll post a picture at the end of the weekend. Yes, I have looked into the water situation and I'm using the thing that hold paint and putting a type of chicken wire thing (not exactly sure what its called lol) and I have wood shavings as the bedding.

Are you keeping them in something inside the shed or is the shed itself their brooder? What kind of ducklings are you getting? What your temperature like in your neck of the woods? You are going to love them!

I raise my chicken chicks on an outdoor porch in a brooder with two heat lamps. Even when it is 40 degrees outside the porch is only a few degrees higher then that but the heat lamps keep the brooder plenty hot! I think you should be fine

Are you keeping them in something inside the shed or is the shed itself their brooder? What kind of ducklings are you getting? What your temperature like in your neck of the woods? You are going to love them!
Hi no I’m placing the brooder inside the shed so they will be in a contained area. I made the brooder with a large storage bin from one you would get from like target or Walmart. The ducklings I getting are pekin ducks so they will end up being white ducks once they are fully grown. The temperature right now is like in the 50’s and it’s been increasing today it was in the high 60’s

Back
Top Bottom