Really EXCESSIVE CROWING

Pics
I doubt that a collar would help. When our rooster Philip had problems with one neighbour (day time crowing only, he slept inside a shed at night ... :( we brought him to the vet and yes, we lived in South Africa too šŸ˜‰. I was told by the vet, that roosters have a voice box inside the chest and he tried to "glue" it shut. Philip could still crow but it was very restricted - my husband called him a rooster with asthma.... šŸ«£.
He tried to glue it shut?!?!?

This is kind of an exaggeration. My rooster that had a crow collar never died of suffocation and didnā€™t seem to be bothered be it at all. That is your opinion about not using a crow collar.
Your reply is an exaggeration. I clearly stated in my reply, "The pressure puts pain on their throat and CAN easily cause them to not be able to breathe and eventually die of suffocation." I did not say they are definitely going to die of suffocation, I said they can. Which is still a huge risk that needs to be avoided.

Your reply is an exaggeration. I clearly stated in my reply, "The pressure puts pain on their throat and CAN easily cause them to not be able to breathe and eventually die of suffocation." I did not say they are definitely going to die of suffocation, I said they can. Which is still a huge risk that needs to be avoided.
I know you said can. I just think that people shouldn't market their opinions as fact. Everyone's situation is different. If a had to choose between giving my rooster a nice happy life with a crow-collar or culling him, I would choose to use the crow-collar. But if the rooster was obviously distressed by the collar (as I know some are more affected by it then others) then I would humanely euthanize him and have chicken dinner. If the rooster seemed perfectly fine with the crow-collar, then I think that would be the best thing for rooster. But, that is also my opinion. I am not going to tell someone that the crow-collar is perfectly fine, because some roosters tolerate it better then others. I am not at all trying to be rude, I just don't want others to see posts like this and decide they have to cull their rooster instead of at least giving the crow-collar a try.

Catching up on this thread while listening to my 17 roosters crow back and forth and thankful for the Good Lord giving me another morning to hear them do so.

Back
Top Bottom