The temperature is up to 135.3 degrees Fahrenheit! The ground is at 84ºF, is that ok, the brooder is 4 inches off of the ground. @azygous @aart @EggSighted4Life
Sorry, I have never used one of those before... now I kinda want one. :confused:

I would consider raising it or wrapping it with something cloth... but contacting the manufacturer or going with directions from someone who's used these might be better.

Do you have chicks under it now?

[QUOTE\]
  • 🐥 CHICKS STAY WARM by direct contact with the underside of the plate. The bottom-side surface of the heating plate is hot to human-touch but not too hot for chicks! Easily accommodates the size of your growing chicks with 25 easily adjustable height settings (from 1" - 7") using the clips on the legs. Warms up to 20 chicks.
  • 🐥 SIMULATES MOTHER HEN! A heating plate simulates a hen keeping chicks warm and cozy beneath her feathers.
  • 🐥 SAVE MONEY! A resourceful alternative to a heat lamp. Uses only 22 watts per hour verses up to 250 watts when used with a heat lamp. Poses less of a fire risk.
  • 🐥 INCLUDES One (12" x 12") heating plate, attached power cord (6ft length), 4 adjustable legs, instructions and the world's best customer service in case you have any additional questions! (We recommend using our optional anti-roost cone cover to prevent chicks from roosting and pooping on top of the heating plate. Also available on Amazon!)
  • 🐥 BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE GUARANTEE! Free 2-Year extended warranty with signup (registration required within 30 days of purchase).
[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom