Ribh's D'Coopage

That makes sense.

Oh, they'll go broody again! 🙄 It's a permanent state with this lot in the warmer months. I have my eye on Campine eggs [ as if I don't have enough trouble with the one Campine I have left! :he] but they're a couple of hours away & though I have a name I've yet to get contact details. Hopefully you're right & this trial run means they'll do better next time.
I love the idea of more campines! Everyone is learning. Hens, humans. The next hatch will be smoother. I'm fascinated to see how the group raises them. My 2 did a marvelous job co-mothering.

Your hatch rate was way better than mine. I had 3 out of 11 hatch and one did not survive. Your ladies did very well.

Your babies are so cute ❤ I miss having chickens, so IM enjoying through you all and my new neighbors. His chickens come over and visit most days .

Bob is mostly using the wheelchair, as he says he's too weak the use the walker or stand for long. But he is okay, he's on a Kim chi making kick,gross. I will tell him hi for you and send you a private message, with more info
Please give Bob our best. He is dearly missed around these parts. :hugs :hugs :hugs

Since some people think my cat is actually a lynx, I thought I would post footage of an actual lynx in the wild for comparison.

Éowyn
1000010582.jpg
1000008847.jpg
1000002473.jpg

Lynx

Wrong hemisphere for northern fowl mites.
Not the nasty reds.
Not scaly leg mites.
What I've got is as happy to chomp on me as on the hens & I could see them running all over the eggs. I've got to thoroughly check my clothing after handling the hens- especially seams. They're sneaky little devils.
Sounds like the same ones we get.

This year i used sulfur powder under the nesting material and it made a huge difference. Also not something anyone wants to breath, but it was under layers of materials (cloth nest pad topped with shavings) and mixed with sand.

Oh and i used a torch like Shadrach does.

Last edited:
Sounds like the same ones we get.

This year i used sulfur powder under the nesting material and it made a huge difference. Also not something anyone wants to breath, but it was under layers of materials (cloth nest pad topped with shavings) and mixed with sand.

Oh and i used a torch like Shadrach does.
I also torch every year even if I don't see them as a preventative.

Your babies are so cute ❤ I miss having chickens, so IM enjoying through you all and my new neighbors. His chickens come over and visit most days .

Bob is mostly using the wheelchair, as he says he's too weak the use the walker or stand for long. But he is okay, he's on a Kim chi making kick,gross. I will tell him hi for you and send you a private message, with more info
I love kimchi! ❤️ Hubby makes it and it’s so good for you.

Back
Top Bottom