Rooster issue

Pics
Your question wasn’t only about feed, as you may believe, when I read it, I understood mostly that you’re concerned about the rooster eating the crushed shells, it came out as if you’re wondering about why he was eating the shells, which is why most people answered the way they did.
Notice how almost everyone was answering why he was eating the sea shells? (Even if you don’t agree with their theory, which is irrelevant now). That’s because your question prompted people to come up with a reason for him to eat the sea shells, most likely because of the way it was paraphrased.
Now I have to add my theory onto why he’s eating the seashells, I think he needs the extra calcium, as a young rooster.
Thank you, pretty sure I was overreacting, he has stopped showing interest in them. I think he was tidbitying the girls with them. 🐓☺️

This was a pretty lengthy discussion early on, yes he does have grit, and he also free ranges, additionally he’s on a pretty coarse sand run when not free ranging. Ultimately I think he was tidbiting the newish pullets, or needed a little something as he’s growing spurs as well. But the main issue is food. What I can feed in a pinch.

Back
Top Bottom