Rooster needs new home - Central Vermont

lulu99

Chirping
Nov 19, 2018
Vermont
Hello BYCers,
I have an Easter Egger "pullet" that turned out to be a cockerel.... Not unusual, I know. But I'm looking to rehome him (also not unusual, I know).
He's handsome and healthy, a bit over 4 weeks old, and has only been in contact with his two hatchmates. He has a good quality diet and lots of room to do his thing for now. His name is Fez.

I need help finding him a home - I'd like him to live a rooster's life rather than become an Ex-Rooster, if possible!
I can't find any info on farm swaps in my area, and I don't really know any other farmers or chicken people near me.
I'm in Central Vermont and am willing to drive 2-3 hours to bring him to a new home or meet someone partway.

Who has a flock for my little guy? Please help find him a home - I definitely cannot keep him, and would like him to keep his life.
The photos are from a week ago, I can take more if requested.
If there are specific threads here or websites people can direct me to, that'd be appreciated too.

Attachments

• P1040633.jpg
    P1040633.jpg
    650.4 KB · Views: 20
  • P1040671.jpg
    P1040671.jpg
    649.3 KB · Views: 2
Cute little guy.

Try posting on CL or you local FB if you have that.
You can try your state thread here on BYC too.

Good luck in finding him a new home :)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/vermont.39326/page-103
Thanks! I found the state thread and someone there has offered to post to local FB poultry club for me. I've also posted to CL and given a flyer to the local feed store - the gal there says people ask for roosters fairly regularly as the season progresses, so I'm hopeful! :)

Back
Top Bottom