Rooster question

Ilovemychicks08

-Dogs are Gods way of saying your not alone-
Premium Feather Member
Apr 2, 2021
Wisconsin
I have 2 Russian Orloff cockerels. They are both beautiful, only one is crowing. Will he quiet down some or will he continue to get louder and crow more? He starts at 4 in the morning now and goes until 6 pm. He doesnt crow constantly. His crows can be heard from almost 2 blocks away.
is it just his hormones?
He is around 6 months

Some crow more than others. I had an EE who crowed nearly from 5am till dark and often when the moon was bright at night. Now I have a blue copper maran who only crows a bit in the morning and evening, maybe a few times in the afternoons too.

If you have more than one roo and/or they can hear another crowing in the distance I would think that would make them crow more. Before I butchered the extra cockerels they would have crowing matches a few times a day.

Some crow more than others. I had an EE who crowed nearly from 5am till dark and often when the moon was bright at night. Now I have a blue copper maran who only crows a bit in the morning and evening, maybe a few times in the afternoons too.

If you have more than one roo and/or they can hear another crowing in the distance I would think that would make them crow more. Before I butchered the extra cockerels they would have crowing matches a few times a day.
I have to cockerels one hasnt ever crowed. Well maybe once or twice. But he isn't in charge so doesnt. I know he hears other roosters. As i can hear others In the morning but not throughout the day.

My BCM i had before rehoming crowed in the morning only. The same for my Lavender Orpington.

Ayam cemanis, bantam cochins and Appenzeller Spitzhaubens crowed all day and with their tiny crow it was ear piercing.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom