Ross Acres (Ross Bantams) Exhibition Call Ducks

So this week, I have been too busy to really sit down with my ducks and look them over in detail. I am in the middle of multiple projects, building an electric fence and fixing my truck.
I'm currently looking to rehome a trio (male and two females) of snowy call ducks, as I'm getting a new bloodline this weekend. There is nothing wrong with the young trio, they just didn't grow out to be show quality. So while trying to find a home for them, I am also building an electric fence at the new lease. You can check out that story on my page.
I am getting some top quality snowies from a buddy of mine this weekend. I've been on his waiting list for a year and a half and it's finally time to pick them up! He told me I am getting the only pair he's selling this year due to having low hatch rates this season. I am so excited to pick up these birds. Snowies are my favorite color of call ducks.
I actually have three females and one male from the lower quality snowies. I'm selling the trio, but keeping one female that has potential. You can never have too many hens lol.
If you know anyone who wants call ducks in the Tennessee area, please message me! I will deliver to neighboring states for a fee per mile.

So this week, I have been too busy to really sit down with my ducks and look them over in detail. I am in the middle of multiple projects, building an electric fence and fixing my truck.
I'm currently looking to rehome a trio (male and two females) of snowy call ducks, as I'm getting a new bloodline this weekend. There is nothing wrong with the young trio, they just didn't grow out to be show quality. So while trying to find a home for them, I am also building an electric fence at the new lease. You can check out that story on my page.
I am getting some top quality snowies from a buddy of mine this weekend. I've been on his waiting list for a year and a half and it's finally time to pick them up! He told me I am getting the only pair he's selling this year due to having low hatch rates this season. I am so excited to pick up these birds. Snowies are my favorite color of call ducks.
I actually have three females and one male from the lower quality snowies. I'm selling the trio, but keeping one female that has potential. You can never have too many hens lol.
If you know anyone who wants call ducks in the Tennessee area, please message me! I will deliver to neighboring states for a fee per mile.
The one time I wish I lived in Tennessee, lol. Out of curiosity, what are you wanting for them? I can't get this trio because of the distance and heat, but that way I have an inkling of what to start putting away at the low end for when shipping is possible

The one time I wish I lived in Tennessee, lol. Out of curiosity, what are you wanting for them? I can't get this trio because of the distance and heat, but that way I have an inkling of what to start putting away at the low end for when shipping is possible
Since they are a breeding pair, but pet quality, I'm asking $120 for them.

Yeah it's a fun but annoying game we play trying to sex call ducks :lau If you have pictures, post them here and maybe I can help!
Not the best pictures, my phone isn't wanting to coperate right now. The pied one is definitely a male, but these two pastels are the male and the unknown one (I think the smaller billed one is the male, but everyone was annoyed amd sounding off so it wasn't as easy to tell them apart this time)
20240725_122013.jpg
20240725_122001.jpg
20240725_122004.jpg
20240725_122009.jpg

Last edited:
Not the best pictures, my phone isn't wanting to coperate right now. The pied one is definitely a male, but these two pastels are the male and the unknown one (I think the smaller billed one is the male, but everyone was annoyed amd sounding off so it wasn't as easy to tell them apart this time)View attachment 3900981View attachment 3900982View attachment 3900983View attachment 3900984
Oof. Yeah that's a tough one. Pastels can be hard at that age. I think the one to the left is a male and the one to the right (not the pied one) is a female. But honestly, they're old enough to hear the quacks. So I would try to grab them individually and they should start quacking. That should make it easier to identify.

So yesterday was a long day of transporting. I sold a trio of snowy call ducks that I didn't need in my breeding program. I offered delivery, and that helped sell them. I traveled from Nashville to Cadiz, KY to sell the trio.
A little bit of a side bar, I would love to start a transport business. Nothing too big, just something I can do on the weekends for extra cash. I love driving and birds, so why not combine the two? People want birds but may be too scared to ship them. Or the birds they want are too big to ship. I travel a lot for shows, so why not pack up a few more birds to deliver to someone. I just bought a truck, so I have the space and ability to tow a trailer, so I can fit a good amount of birds or small animals. Anyway, back to call ducks.
I sold the pet quality snowies to a friend in Kentucky. Then I drove to North Georgia to buy a high quality pair of breeder snowies. Nashville to Cadiz is about an hour and a half, so not bad. I charged 55 cents a mile, which is under the federal amount of 67 cents a mile. After I delivered to Cadiz, KY, I drove to Dalton, GA. Cadiz to Dalton was about 4 hours.
Once I got to my buddy in Dalton, we talked ducks for a while. He was telling me how he was overrun with birds this year. I wish I had that problem lol. I only hatched a handful this year, so I don't have that problem (yet). He showed me his grow outs and projects he's working on.
I went to Dalton for a pair of snowies that I've been on a waitlist for for about a year. But chicken math also applies to ducks, if you didn't know lol. He showed me some pastels and they were beautiful. Nice curved crowns, big round face, chubby cheeks. He wanted to get rid of some birds, especially males. I told him that if he ever had a pair to get rid of, to let me know. He said " you know what, if you want a pair, I'll get you one." He only had two females, which when you're raising birds for exhibition, you want to keep as many females as possible. So for him to offer a female with the male was shocking. I took him up on his offer. So I came home with not just one pair, but two! One pair of snowies and another pair of pastels. I love the pastels almost as much as the snowies. Snowies have been my favorite color since before I even had call ducks. Now i have my dream colors and I'm super excited for breeding season in the spring.

Oof. Yeah that's a tough one. Pastels can be hard at that age. I think the one to the left is a male and the one to the right (not the pied one) is a female. But honestly, they're old enough to hear the quacks. So I would try to grab them individually and they should start quacking. That should make it easier to identify.
Okay, I'll try to do that. My issue mainly is that I just can't get far enough away to only hear their voice, and my other ducks never stop sounding off so it all bleeds together unfortunately. Maybe I'll bring them into the basement. I'd love if I had another female though since I'm doubtful both my Littles that just came in are females

So yesterday was a long day of transporting. I sold a trio of snowy call ducks that I didn't need in my breeding program. I offered delivery, and that helped sell them. I traveled from Nashville to Cadiz, KY to sell the trio.
A little bit of a side bar, I would love to start a transport business. Nothing too big, just something I can do on the weekends for extra cash. I love driving and birds, so why not combine the two? People want birds but may be too scared to ship them. Or the birds they want are too big to ship. I travel a lot for shows, so why not pack up a few more birds to deliver to someone. I just bought a truck, so I have the space and ability to tow a trailer, so I can fit a good amount of birds or small animals. Anyway, back to call ducks.
I sold the pet quality snowies to a friend in Kentucky. Then I drove to North Georgia to buy a high quality pair of breeder snowies. Nashville to Cadiz is about an hour and a half, so not bad. I charged 55 cents a mile, which is under the federal amount of 67 cents a mile. After I delivered to Cadiz, KY, I drove to Dalton, GA. Cadiz to Dalton was about 4 hours.
Once I got to my buddy in Dalton, we talked ducks for a while. He was telling me how he was overrun with birds this year. I wish I had that problem lol. I only hatched a handful this year, so I don't have that problem (yet). He showed me his grow outs and projects he's working on.
I went to Dalton for a pair of snowies that I've been on a waitlist for for about a year. But chicken math also applies to ducks, if you didn't know lol. He showed me some pastels and they were beautiful. Nice curved crowns, big round face, chubby cheeks. He wanted to get rid of some birds, especially males. I told him that if he ever had a pair to get rid of, to let me know. He said " you know what, if you want a pair, I'll get you one." He only had two females, which when you're raising birds for exhibition, you want to keep as many females as possible. So for him to offer a female with the male was shocking. I took him up on his offer. So I came home with not just one pair, but two! One pair of snowies and another pair of pastels. I love the pastels almost as much as the snowies. Snowies have been my favorite color since before I even had call ducks. Now i have my dream colors and I'm super excited for breeding season in the spring.
Honestly. I think you could find a good niche doing a transport for birds. I have the opposite feeling with driving, so that really limits me to people that will ship birds. Unfortunately there just aren't people here that will deliver at any distance other than me (I drive the 45 minutes to town so I don't have people on my property) around here

Back
Top Bottom