Rouen Duck

henryetta_

Hatching
Apr 25, 2024
I need help gendering these two rouen ducks. I'm pretty sure they are 4-5 weeks old. Is that too early to determine their gender? What are some ways to determine gender in rouen ducks?
IMG_2004.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1990.jpeg
    IMG_1990.jpeg
    654 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1986.jpeg
    IMG_1986.jpeg
    938.4 KB · Views: 4
Hello! Welcome to BYC! I am guessing they are both females they look exactly how my Rouen, Margarito looked like when she was a baby, Then again its easier to sex rouen's when they are 6 weeks. So take this with a grain of salt.
Ok thank you so much! Since you have a rouen, do you have any tips to owning them? How old is Margarito now?

Ok thank you so much! Since you have a rouen, do you have any tips to owning them? How old is Margarito now?
Sorry for really late response, Margarito is almost a year old! Rouen's are easy to be friends with, you will know if you have a good bond with them when you bend down and they come to you and start quacking. They eat ALOT of greens, Meaning they will easily devour a bunch of grass which can make your coop look dry like a desert, but other than that it's really easy to take care of them here's a little photo of her.

Attachments

• 20240419_180200.jpg
    20240419_180200.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom