Runner and call cross

OK will definitely be using a call Drake on a runner hen! Will that make the ducklings be bigger though? Will they be small and make it harder for them to get out of the egg.
I believe the egg stays consistent size for the female. Maybe someone else will chime in, I’ve never crossed duck breeds.

I do have one large chicken hen that has produced chicks with bantam roosters. Her eggs stayed the same, chicks are much smaller than her. She has hatched a few, and from what I’ve seen, they hatched fine. But I could also see it being an issue.

I'd say a runner drake could easily kill a call hen.
It would definitely not be pleasant for her.
The other way around I'm not sure a call drake could get the job done unless you found a pretty small runner hen.

I'd say a runner drake could easily kill a call hen.
It would definitely not be pleasant for her.
The other way around I'm not sure a call drake could get the job done unless you found a pretty small runner hen.
I’ll see what I can do my two runner hens are pretty small so maybe it could work. If not, I’ll just stick with calls and calls.

I believe the egg stays consistent size for the female. Maybe someone else will chime in, I’ve never crossed duck breeds.

I do have one large chicken hen that has produced chicks with bantam roosters. Her eggs stayed the same, chicks are much smaller than her. She has hatched a few, and from what I’ve seen, they hatched fine. But I could also see it being an issue.
Thank you that scared me for a minute😮‍💨

Back
Top Bottom