Sally's GF3 thread

We're going to get good quality sliding glass doors for our shower. I told hubby the inside surface MUST be smooth. Not pebble, not frosted, not wavy. The outside can be any of those.

Our tub enclosure isn't any better than yours. :sick The design of of the walls was just plain stupid. The shelves in the corners? What a joke. There's a handle down at the top of the tub level that serves no purpose other than to be another set of nooks and crannies to hold water and turn gross.

The works behind the wall, where the mixer valve and pipes are? It's inaccessible, unless you want to use a hammer and wreck the tongue and groove paneling.

And I won't mention the ceiling. Other than to say when we're done, I won't have to see it ever again.

I should get "before" pictures...

I had a great time at Chickenstock 2024 in Lansing, MI. It was a small group, as some of the regulars couldn't make it.

One thing we do is a raffle. Everyone brings something, and everyone takes something else home. When Mary set this mug on the table, I knew I wanted it to come home with me.
IMG_E6328.JPG

I will call it my Mary Mug.

We're going to get good quality sliding glass doors for our shower. I told hubby the inside surface MUST be smooth. Not pebble, not frosted, not wavy. The outside can be any of those.

Our tub enclosure isn't any better than yours. :sick The design of of the walls was just plain stupid. The shelves in the corners? What a joke. There's a handle down at the top of the tub level that serves no purpose other than to be another set of nooks and crannies to hold water and turn gross.

The works behind the wall, where the mixer valve and pipes are? It's inaccessible, unless you want to use a hammer and wreck the tongue and groove paneling.

And I won't mention the ceiling. Other than to say when we're done, I won't have to see it ever again.

I should get "before" pictures...
I don't like cleaning the doors, or scrubbing soap and water scum from tracks or around hinges. I prefer a curtain liner that can be thrown in the washing machine, eventually tossed. But that's me.

I take the before, during, and after pictures.

For example:
IMG_20230203_132052671.jpg

See the red and blue hoses? Someone had run the water lines diagonally under the tub, not good. Shawn redid them to run along the wall, out of the way.

Ew, was that area nasty!

I'm going to see if Leppink's in Belding is a decent place to grocery shop. I am very unhappy with Meijer in Lowell at the moment.

They are relocating everything in the store. Yeah, I hate it when they do that. But they are changing a LOT more.

They took out several checkout lanes, put in a bunch more self checkouts. I seldom use self check out. A bagger said it was temporary. Uh, I doubt it. The reason she gave is not "temporary," it will be permanent.

They are painting the ceiling, which is now white, (and makes the space bright) a dark grey. I mentioned to 3 employees that I thought it looked dark and gloomy, and they all said they liked it. I wonder if they have to say that? There's another Meijer with the grey ceiling, and I hate going in there; it's cave-like and depressing.

I have had issues with the quality of their food recently too. I have gotten some REALLY bad produce (carrots in the middle of the bag were slimy and rotting and ditto with mandarin oranges), brat buns often have damage that isn't visible through the bag.

So, I'm going to see what kind of prices Leppink's has. I don't know how far Leppink's is; Meijer is about 12 miles away.

I've lived here 30 years. I *think* I maybe have been to Leppink's once, about 25 years ago.

On a more positive note, I dug the garlic today. 20 German White (new variety for me) and 64 Music. Some of the bulbs are nearly baseball sized!

I dug a couple of bulbs a week ago, and yeah, they were ready. I've never dug garlic in June. But everything is 2 weeks ahead of schedule this year.

What to plant in the now empty garlic bed? If the garlic is gone, will beans do well? Beans don't play nicely with alliums.

We really need to do it during warm months just in case the shower is out of commission for any length of time. (It's the only one in the house.) We can heat water on the stove and do a bucket bath outside. Can't do that in the winter. We could go get a kiddie pool to stand in in the mud room, I suppose. 🤔
Walmart carries camp showers. Amazon probably does too. They are a large black bag with a shower head and a shut off valve.

Black so it can be solar heated. You can just add warm water too.

Shut off to control the waterflow. You can wet down, soap up then rinse off. Holds enough water to wash your hair, bathe, shave as long as you use the valve.

You can set up some privacy by hanging some curtains closeline style or beside the house or shed.
Works great as long as the weather is warm.

A wood pallet makes a nice platform to keep your feet off the ground. Wear flip flops so no splinters.

I'm going to see if Leppink's in Belding is a decent place to grocery shop. I am very unhappy with Meijer in Lowell at the moment.

They are relocating everything in the store. Yeah, I hate it when they do that. But they are changing a LOT more.

They took out several checkout lanes, put in a bunch more self checkouts. I seldom use self check out. A bagger said it was temporary. Uh, I doubt it. The reason she gave is not "temporary," it will be permanent.

They are painting the ceiling, which is now white, (and makes the space bright) a dark grey. I mentioned to 3 employees that I thought it looked dark and gloomy, and they all said they liked it. I wonder if they have to say that? There's another Meijer with the grey ceiling, and I hate going in there; it's cave-like and depressing.

I have had issues with the quality of their food recently too. I have gotten some REALLY bad produce (carrots in the middle of the bag were slimy and rotting and ditto with mandarin oranges), brat buns often have damage that isn't visible through the bag.

So, I'm going to see what kind of prices Leppink's has. I don't know how far Leppink's is; Meijer is about 12 miles away.

I've lived here 30 years. I *think* I maybe have been to Leppink's once, about 25 years ago.
I read a news story that Walmart was going to transition back to full-service cashiers. It seems they thought they'd save money with self-service checkouts, but since they went self-service shoplifting has skyrocketed.

It seems they thought they'd save money with self-service checkouts, but since they went self-service shoplifting has skyrocketed.
I wondered about this.
You'd think that other stores would pay attention to this.
DG has shut the self serve station down here in my town.
Last time I went to TS the self serve station didn't work,
the employee tried to help with it(you'd think they'd know-eh?)
we'll see tomorrow when I go back if it's running.

Back
Top Bottom