Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

This was sold to me as a gray. I have since learned that there is NO WAY that is gray. 1st because it isn't dark enough to be a gray, and 2nd because it would have a black beak and feet. This one DOES have a bit of tinting on the beak, but most is around the edge by the face. What color do you think this is? Someone else said buff, but definately NOT a gray OR a blue. I asked the person I got it from what color the parents were and she said they were both gray.

This gosling looks like it just might be a grey splash, which means just a splash of color. It does not have the full grey tone down color to be a grey. Nor is the beak and feet dark enough for a solid grey. That is how a splash gosling looks. I could be wrong.
Buff goslings have more of a golden warm tone to them. This is what I call a cold tone which is in the grey, blue and lavender colors.

Okay, wow, I wasn't expecting this, but the breeder's getting snotty with me b/c it's mixed w/a Toulouse and I said "What? You never said anything about this being a mixed breed! If I knew it, I would not have bought it b/c I don't want to breed mixed breeds into my sebbies. I just bought 3 more purebred babies to go with her and now I can't b/c otherwise all of MY babies will be mixed." :( She replied back that the gray comes fromt he toulouse and that's how they got the color into the sebbies in the first place and I said I'm sorry, but that is not common knowledge to a newbie. She said that it IS common knowledge if you know how to use google and that no one twisted my arm to make the purchase! OMG! Are you KIDDING ME???? What a B!! I've been to dozens of websites and I HAVE done research and not one breeders website said ANYthing about breeding the toulouse in in order to get the gray coloring. So no - I'm not going to think anything of that at all. I'm just going to think it's a gray sebby. Period. It was advertised as "gray sebastopol gosling, born x/x/xx, $20 (I can't remember DOB). I'm sorry, but you don't advertise it as a purebred if it isn't a purebred. And it wasn't even hers, she was selling it for a friend.

Someone else chimed in (public FB group, so anyone can see the conversation) that there's no such thing as a buff sebby, it's a sebby X american buff cross. And the saddle backs are sebby x saddleback pomeranian crosses. So now I'm even more confused - are they all mixes? CAN I use it in my breeding program? Or are the mixes so far back generation wise that they're actually considered purebreds, now?

Sorry, but I'm kinda ticked. IDK what to do!
barnie.gif
She is REALLY making it off like it's all MY FAULT for not knowing that she was selling a mix breed when SHE is the one who omited information in order to make the sale! That's like someone advertising a Lab and you go to pick it up and it's got curly fur and they say "Oh, it's a Labradoodle!"

Okay, wow, I wasn't expecting this, but the breeder's getting snotty with me b/c it's mixed w/a Toulouse and I said "What? You never said anything about this being a mixed breed! If I knew it, I would not have bought it b/c I don't want to breed mixed breeds into my sebbies. I just bought 3 more purebred babies to go with her and now I can't b/c otherwise all of MY babies will be mixed." :( She replied back that the gray comes fromt he toulouse and that's how they got the color into the sebbies in the first place and I said I'm sorry, but that is not common knowledge to a newbie. She said that it IS common knowledge if you know how to use google and that no one twisted my arm to make the purchase! OMG! Are you KIDDING ME???? What a B!! I've been to dozens of websites and I HAVE done research and not one breeders website said ANYthing about breeding the toulouse in in order to get the gray coloring. So no - I'm not going to think anything of that at all. I'm just going to think it's a gray sebby. Period. It was advertised as "gray sebastopol gosling, born x/x/xx, $20 (I can't remember DOB). I'm sorry, but you don't advertise it as a purebred if it isn't a purebred. And it wasn't even hers, she was selling it for a friend.

Someone else chimed in (public FB group, so anyone can see the conversation) that there's no such thing as a buff sebby, it's a sebby X american buff cross. And the saddle backs are sebby x saddleback pomeranian crosses. So now I'm even more confused - are they all mixes? CAN I use it in my breeding program? Or are the mixes so far back generation wise that they're actually considered purebreds, now?

Sorry, but I'm kinda ticked. IDK what to do!
barnie.gif
She is REALLY making it off like it's all MY FAULT for not knowing that she was selling a mix breed when SHE is the one who omited information in order to make the sale! That's like someone advertising a Lab and you go to pick it up and it's got curly fur and they say "Oh, it's a Labradoodle!"
Sounds like you have quite an issue! Let me know how it turns out.. I would be kinda POed too!

There are some people who advertise as Sebastopol geese but do not include they are mixed until you already purchased them. Which is not right. There are other people who are honest and make sure to let people know they are mixed. So it depends on the person selling the gosling(s) or adult(s).

Hi I found this thread and I am a new owner to one adorable little female Sebastopol gosling. Well my problem is I can't find any ganders. I know it is late in the season but is there anyone out there near Odessa, Mo (about 45 min east of KC) that has a any babies left to sell? My girl is lonely and I want a pair.

Back
Top Bottom