Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Daze how do you tell yours apart?
I normally tell their sex while they are hatchlings. The method with whites is that the girls have darker backs than the boys. So then I put leg bands on and keep track later on. Most of them have turned out to what I sexed them as, but there are always a few who are different. This year I have 2 that seem to be backwards from what I thought they were. I also look at their behaviors, the pitch of the voice, and my girls seem to chew a lot more, size (girls are usually smaller when growing up) and their behavior with each other etc. It is difficult until they start laying eggs to tell for sure. Even girls have been know to look like they are mounting and breeding other girls! You could try to vent sex too. But I try to take all of these things into account and see where the majority of the hints are telling me.

Last edited:

As I attempted to take pictures of my flock today, the second I sit in my little chair these two come up and act like their eating when there's nothing but dirt where they were. They can't fool me, I know they just wanted attention xD

As I attempted to take pictures of my flock today, the second I sit in my little chair these two come up and act like their eating when there's nothing but dirt where they were. They can't fool me, I know they just wanted attention xD
wink.png
sure are cute.

I haven't been here in a long time and now I'm not seeing anything to click on so I can add pics to where I'm typing. I only see cancle, preview, submit, and get notified when others reply? So how do I add pics??? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom