Self-Sufficient Homemade Recipes

ok, I still haven't found the A & H washing soda, we live in the boonies here guys. Name some stores that may carry it? that way I can see if we have a store by that name near us. Thanks a bunch

thanks but no Kroger's that I am aware of in Springfield, MO. Here they have little grocery stores filled with outdated products and overcharge for them. :mad: Wal Mart doesn't carry it here or in Springfield. I don't want to order it as I hate having to pay for the shipping. Springfield is fairly large but I don't have the time to drive an hour there and then spend the entire day trying to find a store with A & H in it.

I've checked Walmart, Kmart, the health food store, and 5 local small grocery stores...can anyone post a picture of the A&H Washing Soda box? I made a batch of the detergent last night without adding the soda, not sure THAT did much good, the towels didn't smell too fresh, LOL
hmm.png
I tried it this morning with a 1/4 cup of A&H baking soda on hubbys work clothes, we shall see what that does.

Quote:
Here's a link to the ingredients (you can click for the pic to be enlarged):
http://www.soapsgonebuy.com/Laundry_Kit_p/pkg1002.htm
I was able to get both the Borax & A&H Washing Soda at my local Super Walmart found in the laundry detergent isle. But the A&H Box was a Orange color (more resembling the regular baking soda box in color, not colored like the one in the pic). My Borax & A&H Washing Soda was smaller boxes & not as tall as the ones in the pic. Not sure how the oz of my boxes differ from the pictured ones tho. But box sizes & colors of products change from time to time, but these pics are the basic idea of what they look like.

A recipe, tips & helpful hints on making the soap here:
http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/laundrysoap.htm

Hope this helps
smile.png

Thanks! Now I know I haven't overlooked it, LOL, that looks NOTHING like what i'm finding. I have to work tonight, so I'll look at Meijer. Has anyone found it there? Just as an aside..I used regular A & H baking soda in a load with hubby's clothes and they came out pretty clean.

I happened to be at my local Giant Eagle & found the Arm & Hammer Washing Soda there yesterday while looking for another item. It was in the spice isle of all places. My local Walmart carried it in the detergent isle beside the fabric softener. But Giant Eagle had it right after the spices in the spice isle, right next to the regular Arm & Hammer Baking Soda. You'll know when you see the A&H Washing Soda because it'll be a 4lb box (that's what mine weighs), & it'll have a clothing pic in the bottom front of the box. Both mine that we bought & the online pic have that folded clothing graphic on the front. Odd how different stores would stock the same item. All I need is a grader to grate the soap & I'll be trying mine. I can't wait since I've read all the Great reviews. I haven't tried it yet cuz I don't want to use my food grater for the soap, I'll look for one at Goodwill. Hope you find it.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom