Selling chickens and what are they worth?

quails3

Songster
5 Years
Mar 6, 2014
I finally found out that we're officially selling our house.. and we'll have to be out in a little over a week! So I'm needing to sell some chickens real fast! My parents thought we had until the end of September until we closed on our house, but nope.. so I have 8 pullet who might be laying soon. They're 4 1/2 to 5 month old and they're barnyard mixes. How much should I sell them for? Keep in mind I want to sell them fast:) I don't care if I profit any I just don't want to loose too much money. Just having chicken was worth it in of itself though:) and should I sell them separately or all together?

what state are you in? if its easier I can buy them from you and find them a good home since your moving soon.I finally found out that we're officially selling our house.. and we'll have to be out in a little over a week! So I'm needing to sell some chickens real fast! My parents thought we had until the end of September until we closed on our house, but nope.. so I have 8 pullet who might be laying soon. They're 4 1/2 to 5 month old and they're barnyard mixes. How much should I sell them for? Keep in mind I want to sell them fast:) I don't care if I profit any I just don't want to loose too much money. Just having chicken was worth it in of itself though:) and should I sell them separately or all together?

what state are you in? if its easier I can buy them from you and find them a good home since your moving soon.

Last edited:
point of lay is good, back yard mixes, not so good, but I have had good amount of eggs out of them too. $8.00 and they should sell like hotcakes, but I think you could easily start at $12-15 and see if you get any takers. A week is short notice. Hope you get back into chickens later on!

Craigslist here has several purebreds for $10 to $15 and seems a lot have been on here at least a month.
I think with mixes you're going to be lucky to get $5.
List them with best offer and see what happens. You might be giving them away with only a week to go.

Back
Top Bottom