Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

Wow, that is 17 hours of bagel making (before government steals a portion).
Speaking of taxes, I need to pay up. Sorry for being such a chatterbox today.

Attachments

• 5433AEB1-DB3A-4356-B329-1E0DAF5782E8.jpeg
    5433AEB1-DB3A-4356-B329-1E0DAF5782E8.jpeg
    493.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 29C42E5E-FC32-4DF2-B581-C5092182AE1E.jpeg
    29C42E5E-FC32-4DF2-B581-C5092182AE1E.jpeg
    770.3 KB · Views: 2
  • A81935B6-7AFD-42C2-B9D2-BF317AA4EF50.jpeg
    A81935B6-7AFD-42C2-B9D2-BF317AA4EF50.jpeg
    714.8 KB · Views: 1
Well, taxation is theft.
I do not understand why some of you yanks think (or at least say) that sort of thing, especially given the (impression I get of your) widespread appreciation of your armed forces and capability, as well as all the other public goods and infrastructure, all of which costs money. Can someone please explain?

I do not understand why some of you yanks think (or at least say) that sort of thing, especially given the (impression I get of your) widespread appreciation of your armed forces and capability, as well as all the other public goods and infrastructure, all of which costs money. Can someone please explain?
I'm one of the rare person happy to pay taxes.
I often don't agree with how it's used, but that's another thing. I think redistribution is an absolute necessity in a capitalist world.

@no fly zone does that mean Skeksis is in good health ?

Another photo of flapping ThƩo - tax for talking about tax! A great subject to get everyone angry at Christmas dinners !
IMG_20221219_151146.jpg

As I understand it, itā€™s a Libertarian catch phrase. Or at least, I have a couple of friends who are Libertarians and they use that phrase somewhat frequently - which is more than any other person I know. By taking taxes out of of peoples paychecks before the person even gets the check, government taxation is theft. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s more nuance to it, but thatā€™s the general idea. @Perris , you hit the nail on the head for why I could never become a Libertarian. The philosophy has some valid points - the US government has become overly large, unwieldy, and inefficient, there is too much meddling with international and domestic affairs. However I think that our society has become far too interconnected to truly step out of the social contract unless one is willing to go live off-grid in the middle of nowhere in a dirt road. Iā€™m also uneasy about what the impact on social welfare/education support would be cut if things were scaled back to a minimal level.

I donā€™t love seeing that money taken out of the paycheck, and I certainly have some disagreement with where/how it is spent, but thereā€™s no such thing as a free lunch.

Iā€™m out of pictures, plus Iā€™ve stayed up too late anyway, so Iā€™ll pay taxes in the morning.

No individual speaks for all of us. I'm proud of our military and infrastructure, etc., and of course it all costs money to support. As I recall my history, our battle cry was "no taxation without representation." We have representation, so it's only right that we pay up.

Speaking of tax, I'll pay up for this tomorrow, @Shadrach.

Our gov't wastes an enormous amount of taxpayer money, i.e. subsidies to big ag, big pharm, big oil, etc. And things like $40 billion to ukraine do not help when our economy is in shambles due to extreme mismanagent at best and outright sabotage at worst.

Back
Top Bottom