Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

@Shadrach You have my empathy regarding the shingles.

I have them on the right side of my face for 24 weeks.

I have decided they are never going away.

I have had the sores, scabs, itching, and sometimes it feels like it is on fire.

I hope yours clears up faster than mine are.
I've read and listened to quite a few experiences of shingles now. I may have been fortunate in getting an anti viral medication early on, before the rash even appeared. One person I know had to for two months, another for almost three.
It doesn't stop me doing things but it's a constant irritation and apparently normal, is I can't cope with bright sunlight; instant headache.:confused: I'm turning into a vampire.:lol:; which is why I'm up at stupid o'clock reading BYC.

Ouch! So nasty to have as I have experienced myself lately and my right eye and temple are still burning from it.

I hope you will get better soon!
@Shadrach and @Ladies-Eight
How long have you had it and do you know why?
Mine is probably the result of four bouts of Covid in the last year and one very unpeasant flue bout. Immune system is just plain tired.

The torch was a game changer for me. Treated the coop late spring when i first saw mites this year and they haven't been back. This is the first year we got rid of them so fast, usually it is a couple months of fighting.
I didn't know you were a follower of the blue tip flame cult.:D

Two and a half hours today. Dry, grey and 19C.
P8311354.JPG
P8311355.JPG
P8311356.JPG

I've read and listened to quite a few experiences of shingles now. I may have been fortunate in getting an anti viral medication early on, before the rash even appeared.
Glad you got the right medicines in time. But amazing you are looking like your visiting a Halloween party with them.
:lol:; which is why I'm up at stupid o'clock reading BYC.
Your not alone. A broken shoulder has the same effect.

Tx, Kraai my female chicken that likes to mate and therefore counts as rooster. :plbb

IMG_5690.jpeg

How long have you had it and do you know why?
Mine is probably the result of four bouts of Covid in the last year and one very unpeasant flue bout. Immune system is just plain tired.
Since last November
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/byc-cafƩ.948525/post-27607396

I assume overexertion and lack of sleep to be the cause. My DH has suffered several severe strokes during the last three years which has kept me in care and surveillance mode 24/7 ever since.

And just now that he is recovering from it all, he was recently diagnosed with cancer which has me driving him back and forth to all kinds of appointments like MRIs, CTs, hospital etc.

Last edited:
Since last November

I assume overexertion and lack of sleep to be the cause. My DH has suffered several severe strokes during the last three years which has kept me in care and surveillance mode 24/7 ever since.

And just now that he is recovering from it all, he was recently diagnosed with cancer which has me driving him back and forth to all kinds of appointments like MRIs, CTs, hospital etc.
You're living very hard right now. Thinking of you and your husband.

Since last November

that's very tough; :hugs for you and for your DH.

Ɨ2

:hugs:hugs:hugs

Back
Top Bottom