Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

At John’s wort?
I think maybe you are responding to something about plant based meat substitutes.
I am not qualified to opine on those as I haven’t tried them. I only eat meat about once a week anyway.
Sorry about the post. I was trying to post using my mobile phone. Not sure what happened.
St Johns wort. We had a few plants on the smallholding in Catalonia. I don't know if the chickens ate it or not. The Catalonian farmers dug it up and burnt it. Anti depressants are in general dangerous, herbal and synthetic. I think it killed a few sheep on the mountain we were on and made some donkeys very sick.
Mow will have to deal with any depression she may be suffering from without St John's wort, just as I will deal with any anxiety over her condition I may be suffering from without any happy pills.:p

Dry, warm at 21C and mostly sunny.
Got a text from C telling me the chicks had all got out and were on the wrong side of the fence with Fret fretting on the other. C got them back in and I found the gap this afternoon and closed it off.
I took them onto the field again today for an hour and a half. Fret and the chicks headed straight for the bush in the picture below. It's one of the few plants on the field that offer excellent shade and wind position, plus decent protection. I can't remember what the bush is called but it's some kind of fruit bush that doesn't fruit.:confused: It's got multiple stems which the chicks can squeeze between.
P6190945.JPG
P6190942.JPG

Option two is my plot. Fruit bushes again with a wild patch behind. Good shade here as well and along the top of my plot in the second picture.
P6190947.JPG
P6190948.JPG

Almost forgot.
P6180940.JPG

Not only do they taste awful here they're full of highly processed junk.
I wouldn't suggest having a meal plant-based meat, you still need greens, veg, roughage etc.

Given the equivalent tastiness of these products in Australia, I'd sooner eat highly processed plant-based foods than highly processed animal-based foods.

I wouldn't suggest having a meal plant-based meat, you still need greens, veg, roughage etc.

Given the equivalent tastiness of these products in Australia, I'd sooner eat highly processed plant-based foods than highly processed animal-based foods.
You must get better products in Australia.

Back
Top Bottom