Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

It seems that failiure is no longer a possiblity that we are prepared to deal with which is pretty stupid if everyone is a success no matter what their performance is. Failure is I've found the best teacher of the two and the ackowledgement of that failure helps to keep self delusion in check.
There's a commercial for a roofing company, "Champion Roofing". They go on about a what a champion is, the usually definition. Then they say no a champion is being the best you can be. I don't want them near my roof.

Someone told me this story.

Suppose you hire someone to paint your house. He arrives, sets up his ladders and scaffold, places drop cloths where appropriate. He brings out his paint cans, puts on his overalls, opens the cans, and lovingly stirs the paint.

So far, he is a TOTAL FAILURE as a painter.

Success equals RESULTS.

Someone told me this story.

Suppose you hire someone to paint your house. He arrives, sets up his ladders and scaffold, places drop cloths where appropriate. He brings out his paint cans, puts on his overalls, opens the cans, and lovingly stirs the paint.

So far, he is a TOTAL FAILURE as a painter.

Success equals RESULTS.
Yes! What you said also reminded me of this (photo)! Shadrach's attitude of determination followed up by consistent efforts are really what it has come down to for Henry & Co. and getting results!
1726792198473_1107686269733905.jpg

I partially disagree. Of course success =results for the chickens, for plumbers or roofing. But I can think of quite a few domains in which I wouldn't agree. The one I know the best is sport : for me success is practice and consistency, not results.
Someone could be very talented and achieve without any effort what it would take someone else months of training.
I don't know about allotment rules. I'm very glad my partner's mother was allowed to stay in her allotment even though she did not tend her plot last year because she spent three months in hospital and almost died. Sure, it was her fault because she didn't quit smoking. But having kept that allotment plot is one of the few things that help with her depression and may help her actually give up smoking. I like to see causes and full chain of events before passing any judgement.

Back
Top Bottom