should i be worried about the post office?

froggyphore

Songster
Sep 20, 2019
i’ve never ordered chicks through the mail before and i’m a bit concerned about the ETA. they shipped at 4pm yesterday, (the 25th) the tracking code says they’ll arrive as late as 9pm on the 28th, but the post office closes at 5pm and opens at 9am, meaning they’d be sitting there for 12 hours after traveling over 3 days. should i be worried? what should i do if they don’t arrive before closing? thanks :)

i’ve never ordered chicks through the mail before and i’m a bit concerned about the ETA. they shipped at 4pm yesterday, (the 25th) the tracking code says they’ll arrive as late as 9pm on the 28th, but the post office closes at 5pm and opens at 9am, meaning they’d be sitting there for 12 hours after traveling over 3 days. should i be worried? what should i do if they don’t arrive before closing? thanks :)
Get the brooder ready. Have the water ready. Get them out of the box and hope for the best. Our post office called us as soon as our first batch came in and were very responsive.
It will be a good day.

Call the Post Office and let them know that you are expecting a box of chicks and make sure they have your phone number so that they can call you. It should be on the box but give it to them anyway just in case. Ask if deliveries really do arrive at 9:00 PM (tracking information is not always correct). If deliveries are arriving that late there should be someone at the Post Office to receive them so ask if that person can call you and allow you to pick them up after closing. They may not allow it but it's worth while asking.

Call the Post Office and let them know that you are expecting a box of chicks and make sure they have your phone number so that they can call you. It should be on the box but give it to them anyway just in case. Ask if deliveries really do arrive at 9:00 PM (tracking information is not always correct). If deliveries are arriving that late there should be someone at the Post Office to receive them so ask if that person can call you and allow you to pick them up after closing. They may not allow it but it's worth while asking.
i agree

Back
Top Bottom