Should i be worried??

I was just sitting here watching my chicks sleep, and my light brahma fell asleep, and then laid there with her legs sticking straight back!
Did it look like this?
IMG_1562.jpg

It can be really scary.
Are you using a heat lamp?
I believe when chicks are in light 24/7 they have no sense of nighttime or the "proper" time to go to sleep. So with activity all day & night they just become so exhausted at any given time they just fall over and sleep. It shouldn't be anything to worry about, just happens.

I learned about MHP a couple years ago and brooding is so different now... and easy. Chicks sleep completely silent all night long and acclimate quite a bit quicker.

"I learned about MHP a couple years ago and brooding is so different now... and easy. Chicks sleep completely silent all night long and acclimate quite a bit quicker.[/QUOTE]"

I'll second that. I had my chicks on heat lamp for about a week. They stayed awake for a half hour, pecking and peeping then sleeping half an hour in a cycle all day and night. They are in my bedroom, so I got no sleep either.

I put them on a heat mat, which they adjusted to in about 5 minutes, and now go to bed when I do and they sleep silently all night and play most of the day. So much better. For both of us.

Did it look like this?
View attachment 1732121

It can be really scary.
Are you using a heat lamp?
I believe when chicks are in light 24/7 they have no sense of nighttime or the "proper" time to go to sleep. So with activity all day & night they just become so exhausted at any given time they just fall over and sleep. It shouldn't be anything to worry about, just happens.

I learned about MHP a couple years ago and brooding is so different now... and easy. Chicks sleep completely silent all night long and acclimate quite a bit quicker.
no, she was on her belly with her legs straight back, but I agree with you!

Back
Top Bottom